Two AHL webcasts this weekend

RowdyFan42

Of course, the Rats have games both nights, so I don't expect anyone to actually watch... :P:evil:

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/03/03/948776.html

Thu, March 3, 2005

Watch AHL webcasts live this weekend

The American Hockey League is proud to join with B2 Networks to provide a live internet video webcast of two AHL games this weekend.

On Friday night, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins host the Springfield Falcons, and on Saturday, the Penguins take on the rival Philadelphia Phantoms.

Game time both nights is 7:05 p.m. (ET), and you can watch either game for just $6.

Simply visit the official Web sites of the Penguins, Falcons or Phantoms beginning 10 minutes prior to game time and click on the Watch the Game Live link to purchase and watch live AHL action from your own computer.

Okay.

So you pay $6 and get a crappy video stream that cuts out every few minutes?

Maybe web streams have gotten better in the last 6 months, but when I watch web streams of my alma mata's football games, the video is awful and the sound is always 10 seconds ahead of the video.

"WHAT AN AMAZING CATCH"

*quarterback throws the ball*

Okay.

So you pay $6 and get a crappy video stream that cuts out every few minutes?

Maybe web streams have gotten better in the last 6 months, but when I watch web streams of my alma mata's football games, the video is awful and the sound is always 10 seconds ahead of the video.

"WHAT AN AMAZING CATCH"

*quarterback throws the ball*

Maybe your alma mater doesn't know what they're doing. :P

This is the same company that did the free UHL game last night. I had it on and was looking in between breaks in the Rats game, and the stream seemed fine. The audio and video were in sync, and the quality of both was great.

Is there a requirement for modem speed on it? Just wondering if my old dial-up would be able to handle the webcasts if the Rats ever got them, or if I'd have to talk my parents into upgrading.

(Since the Rats radio stream buffers like crazy on my computer, I'm sure I'd have a problem with the video too!)

Is there a requirement for modem speed on it?  Just wondering if my old dial-up would be able to handle the webcasts if the Rats ever got them, or if I'd have to talk my parents into upgrading.

(Since the Rats radio stream buffers like crazy on my computer, I'm sure I'd have a problem with the video too!)

Uh, yeah. You'd be screwed. :P