Game Thread

Nieda

Good job getting the point against a red hot senators team, reminds me of the Canucks game.

Am I the only one that has noticed that our last few losses have been due to a crappy pass or mishandling of the puck by #10 T-vo? I mean come on, he's even scored on Schwab, almost top shelf even. Freezer will be a 20-30 goal score, but T-vo in my opinion has been a waste. Now I 100% believe that we should have kept Sykora and the giant Commie. I liked the trade at first but man. I say we bench him until he gets it together or trade him for Zyz.

A player who can't hold his own shouldn't be on this team. Some of the players make mistakes like that a few times a season, but not in a 10 game stretch.

I'm starting the trade :puke: T-vo movement.

:evil: Jestermack :evil:

tverdovksy was pretty good. niedermayer fell back a bit. made some of those vintage niedermayer lazy passes where he kind of half-passes it when he really knows that the puck won't get to where it should. but he recovers most of the time.

elias was good again. nieuwendyke ... it's more than just tough breaks with him, he just isn't playing well.... or maybe he just isn't a good player anymore. i don't subscribe to the 'he's old so he must suck' philosophy, but i did expect nieuwendyke to be more talented and a better playmaker than he's shown.

They looked like 2 different teams last night. For the first half of the game, they played some of the stupidest hockey I've seen out of them this year. Note to Devs: when you're up against a red-hot team with the league's 2nd best PP, it might be smart to stay out of the box. For the first half of the game, they couldn't complete a friggin' pass (well, not exactly, they were really good at passing it to the Sens). Second note to the Devs: were you passing to your imaginary friends out there????

Then they got it in gear and actually looked like a real team in the second half of the game. Afterwards I figured that at the 10 minute mark of the 2nd Burns must have somehow brought the real Devs in from the locker room.

Even though I'm not happy with the way they played the last 2 games on the road, I'm surprised and pleased they managed to get the point in Ottowa after the debacle of the first half of the game. No way they would have managed that last year.