Bye bye Jiri

Elias Sports Bureau

Just looked at the updated roster at newjerseydevils.com and Jiri's name is now off it.

I just wanted to send him off with fond wishes and I hope he catches on with another team ... or even gets to extend his points record in Albany.

I always found him to be a fun guy to watch, he always tried and worked very hard on the ice. When we had guys out, he was great at slotting in and like I said doing his best out there.

I'm glad he got to play in the '03 ECF and in the Finals so his name got on the Cup and he got to have it for a little while back home.

All the best to Jiri and the missus.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, as i live in Sweden I saw him play with his new team, Leksands IF. It was a away game vs my hometown Lulea HF. With #34 he played very well, but came pointless out of the game. So far he has scored one goal i 3 games with Leksand, who by the way lossed all their first three games.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Timra Leksand game today and saw that leksand had aquired Jarrod Skalde :huh: (you guys remember him?)

anyhow, it was a decent game but bicek kept hogging the puck and turning it over in the neutral zone. He was completely horrible in a leksand team that now has 8 points up to the second-last team in the elite league.

I sat on the 2nd row and took a couple of pictures, I'll see if I can post some jiri pictures here tommorow.

• 3 weeks later...

I can give you some stats of Jiri Bicek, as the Swedish hockey league takes a weeks brake....

Jiri Bicek - Leksands IF

GP G A TP PIM SOG SG% PPG SHG GWG GTG + - +/-

18 5 2 7 16 39 13 2 1 0 0 9 12 -3

These stats may not look so good, but whit this he is placed second in Leksands point-league, after Leksands poor start of the season. I've seen some of his games, and would be one of Swedens best attractions in a better team.

Leksands Team stats tells it all, placed last in the leauge.

Rk Team GP W T L GF:GA TP OTW OTL

12 Leksands IF 18 2 3 13 31 : 57 9 0 0