Interesting

GetReal

The Boston announcers on NESN were commenting about the lack of PP the Devils have this season. One of them said that when Burns was in Boston as coach he didn't get excited if PP wasn't working nor did he seemed concern about it not working. Seems to be the same in NJ.

There's a difference between being a homer, and having no class. I think The Devils' announcers are all homers, but they also have a lot of respect for the teams playing the Devils. I remember listening once when NJ was squaring off against the pens after Pittsburg had dropped like 10 straight, and the Devils announcers were gushing about what a privalge it was to be able to see Mario play, and how dangerous a weapon Kovalev was, and how well Straka was doing, and how when the Pens got some of their dmen back they would be a top team again.

I didn't hear the Boston announcers, but from what I've heard, they were pretty lame. Sour grapes if you ask me.

I'll go along with Burn's thinking, that all that matters are the number of Wins not goals you have.

Plus, the PP has scored the last few games and wasn't really given a chance against the Bruins tonight. PP could be on the upswing and we just don't see it yet.

I'll go along with Burn's thinking, that all that matters are the number of Wins not goals you have.

Plus, the PP has scored the last few games and wasn't really given a chance against the Bruins tonight. PP could be on the upswing and we just don't see it yet.

can't agree with you or Burns about teh PP. it has to be effective if you wish to be a contending team. come playoff time when all teh teams crack down big time on defense, the PP can win (or lose) the game foir you.

as far as the pp scoring the last few games, I wouldnt get too excited. 2 pp goals vs a bad PK in washinton and one 4 on 3 pp gola that went in off of a thigh aren't reasons for optimism. the season is nearly half over and the Devils have scored exactly 4 pp goals on the road this year with 2 coming against the Caps. that is almost inconceivable for a team with Scott Niedermayer, Brian Rafalski, and oleg Tverdovsky on the blue line.

come playoff time when all teh teams crack down big time on defense, the PP can win (or lose) the game foir you.

Same can be said for a teams PK in the playoffs. Playoff time is a totally different world. A PP thats sad now, can just as easily suddenly come to life with the help of deflections and a good bounce or three.

I do agree about the talent on our Blue line with the "D" on the PP and from the last few games where the Devils were moving the puck better and getting the rubber on net, I am faithful that our luck is changing and that @##$% puck will roll or fall in for us. :evil:

come playoff time when all teh teams crack down big time on defense, the PP can win (or lose) the game foir you.

Same can be said for a teams PK in the playoffs. Playoff time is a totally different world. A PP thats sad now, can just as easily suddenly come to life with the help of deflections and a good bounce or three.

I do agree about the talent on our Blue line with the "D" on the PP and from the last few games where the Devils were moving the puck better and getting the rubber on net, I am faithful that our luck is changing and that @##$% puck will roll or fall in for us. :evil:

I agree, but we cannot "hope" things will come arouind come playoff time. If the PP was maybe middle of the paqck, then yeah I could see this mindset going into the playoffs, especialyl with teh big 3 back on D, but dead last?

No, dead last has to be morew of a concern and somehting more proactive(i.e. trade) must be done about it. you cannot "hope" hte PP turns around after 82 games and you're ranked near the bottom.