Stevens dream!

Darwindog

It sucked. I dreamt I got divorced and ended up marrying Stevens -- who was a retired fireman. The dream went like this: I was walking by a burning house -- but it was a drill really not a real fire -- the firefighters started to yell at me to get the hell out of their way and stuff then one guys said "No no you know who she's married to?" And then they all started hooting and saying I could hang out if I wanted and asking how Stevens was and stuff and I was just waving and kept walking feeling very dejected because I kept thinking I want my husband and family back... I mean who cares if I'm married to some stupid retired fireman anyhow - what was the big whoop? then I woke up.

Very funny. See, in real life a friend confessed after two years of marriage she's getting divorced. She was a Scott Stevens fan before I -- she claimed dibs back when I was obsessing about the playoffs in 2001 <_< I gladly surrendered at that point in time... (before the Pittsburgh series) ANYHOW so her first words to me was woowoo stuff and all... then she told me later she and her husband were just masquerading and he was moving out next week... :blink: She was all pissed off he wasn't a MANLY man. and that he was traveling all the time for work (He's an equipment demo guy) Anyhow -- I was just so pissed at her. I mean she KNEW him... they were together three years... she KNOWS he's laid back not take charge -- but he's also very anal retentive so he IS bossy and stuff. I don

Edited by Darwindog

PK, I'm thinking you have fantasies about Stevens JUST to give yourself something to use the smilies on!!!

On a serious note, about your friend and her marriage. Sounds like a case where she married him thinking somehow she could CHANGE him into the kind of man she wanted. And you should never do that. Either you love someone and appreciate them for who and what they are (and figure you can make SMALL modifications along the way, my Mom DID get Dad to change certain things that made her crazy but his basic personality stayed intact) or DON'T marry them. And I'm not just saying this for women who expect to change their husbands, men shouldn't expect to change the women they marry either. Don't think you are going to materially change them. Understand the person you are marrying. But when you talk to people who have gotten divorced these days, unless it's about money, the biggest reason they cite is, "Well, I thought I could change him/her and I couldn't". Stupid people. I can understand if you marry young and the person DOES change on you. Get married at 18 and it is likely in 10 years you might not be married to the same person. But, dammit, once people get to their mid-20's they are, in general, the person they are going to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I miss Stevens... I'm begining to forget what he looks like on the ice... <_< I HATE that...

I had a weird dream that I was a hockey player the other night too... I was on the ice and I forgot which team I was playing for... I saw Joe Thornton and thought "i'm not a Bruin am I?" but then I wasn't sure it WAS Thornton because he looked too short to me. it just sucked .. I was on the ice and had no clue as to where I should be for the face off so I was just praying I'd remember which team I played for before I had to get in position. so... anyhow that was my dream...

Well if there was any logic in dreamland I WOULD HAVE! :rant:

I started a new job sammy. I'm only putting in three days a week but will probably go to four soon -- maybe even five - it's pretty much up to me how often I work. I love it. It's just far more interesting than my last one --- faaaar and I'm making slightly more at that. Believe it or not I'm at Rutgers - I'm so retarded. Now that my husband graduated, I'm working for his old advisor. So anyhow when I'm at work I actually enjoy WORKING! :o sooo... and when I'm not working I'm goofing off with thte house. I'm psyched right now because I can really hack back our jungle!!! But it's chilly -- and we have some hunters on our back yard sometimes so I fell silly doing yard work in blaze orange... :unsure:

Tip next time this dream occurs: Look at your jersey  :evil:

:whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: It was a dream you know.. :noclue: ..maybe there was no Jersey to look at! :whistling:;)