Chris Terreri

Fidgetess

Chris Terreri has been dressing as the Rats backup while Ari Ahonen is out with a supposed leg injury. T-Bone started tonight's game against Hershey, but was replaced by Frank Doyle after giving up 3 goals in the first period. Rats are mounting a comeback though, bringing the game to 3-2 with Suglobov's 2nd goal of the night (methinks Sugi didn't like the goon showing him up with a hat trick last night).

T-Bone STARTED? Oy. (EDIT: In case anyone didn't know, this is the Rats' third game in as many nights, which is odd this early in the week. Tuesday games are nowhere near as common in the AHL as they are in the NHL. Oh, BTW, the Rats mustered a grand total of 2 shots in the 1st period tonight. :doh1: )

Okay, this is the seventh game in a row where he's dressed. If they know Ari's going to be out for a while, why don't they just bring back that David Cacciola guy who they signed while Ari was with the Devs? Or is there some provision where you can't sign a guy to two ATOs (amateur tryouts) in a season?

Edited by RowdyFan42

I got some shots of him during the warmups last night (Tuesday). When I get those set, I'll post a link.

Doyle has got to be tired. He's been having 40+ save nights for a long time now. He looked a little slow between plays last night. Hope we don't burn the poor guy out by playing him so much!

Edit: Ne'er mind, Rowdy beat me to it :)

Edited by Fidgetess

The good news is they're off until Saturday (at Manchester) and then they don't play again until next Wednesday (vs. Springfield), so hopefully both Doyle and Ahonen will be ready.

The AHL's site picked up on this pretty quickly:

Terreri answers call for River Rats

Five years after playing his last game, Chris Terreri is back between the pipes, starting in goal tonight for the Albany River Rats in their game against the Hershey Bears at the Giant Center.

He was replaced at the start of the second period by Frank Doyle after making 14 saves, then returned to the crease at the start of the third.

Terreri retired in 2001 after a 15-year pro career that included two Stanley Cup championships with the New Jersey Devils.

An assistant coach with the River Rats since his retirement, the 41-year-old Terreri has dressed as an emergency back-up for Albany on several occasions, but this is his first game action in the American Hockey League since he skated for the Utica Devils in 1988-89.

terreri_200.jpg

Caption: Chris Terreri, seen here in a 1990-91 New Jersey Devils team photo, is spelling Frank Doyle in the River Rats crease tonight.

hrm

reason to go to albany eh ?? (well when I get back home)

I think the reason they're not calling up an ECHL guy is cap-related isn't it ?? I'm not sure.... I don't think it's a numbers thing as much as a set number of people on the NHL and AHL roster...maybe ???

Chris Terreri has been dressing as the Rats backup while Ari Ahonen is out with a supposed leg injury.  T-Bone started tonight's game against Hershey, but was replaced by Frank Doyle after giving up 3 goals in the first period.  Rats are mounting a comeback though, bringing the game to 3-2 with Suglobov's 2nd goal of the night  (methinks Sugi didn't like the goon showing him up with a hat trick last night).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ME THINKS IF THE GOON GOT MORE ICE TIME HE WOULD SCORE MORE THAN MOST OF THE SO-CALLED GOAL SCORERS ON THIS TEAM.