Jersey question

Gomer23

I have two 03 cup patches that I want to sew on my authentic Marty and Elias jerseys, but I had a few questions that maybe you could help me with:

1. If I sew it on, will the glue on the back mess the jersey up in the wash?

2. How do I sew it on, zigzag, or, straight?

anything i've ever seen sewn to any jersey was done zigzag.

I'll concur with sundstrom too - have it done professionally or else you'll be sorry. Pretty much any sporting goods store that does uniforms can do it for you - or a tailor.

glue? I bought NHL 2000/Cup patches a few years ago as well as several Yankees World Series patches and none of them ever had glue on them. The WS patches had ominous sounding legal notices attached the back that needed to be removed before they could be sewn anywhere but once they were removed all was well.

Dry cleaner/tailor is your best bet they are cheap and can so the job quickly and better than you ever could by yourself. Just make sure you tell them exactly where you want the patches to go.

Hey Gomer23,

1. Everything should be zig zagged.

2. My Mom was in the sweater sewing business and I can tell you that the glue will not bleed into your sweater. It is heat seal glue, it's there to be melted onto the jersey before sewing but it can be safely stiched onto the jersey without heat. Do not try and use an iron you might burn the jersey, take it to a sports store that sells crested jerseys and pay to have it properly applied, it shouldn't cost more than $5 - $10