Shuffled Lineup Was Fuel for Devils' Winning Streak

Rock

Great article! I've never been one to think Elias' move was a demotion...plain and simple he was the only guy that could move to make the team better because he makes players around him better....Gomer and Gio had the chemistry and were doing great with him and great without him so it was only natural for Elias to make another two guys great by being on a different line....the only thing that bugs me (and it does on ESPN as well) is Elias is a LEFT WINGER....Brylin is a CENTER...they have those switched on ESPN as well as in this article....sure Elias has taken faceoffs in the past but he's never truly played at center....not for long anyway...I know last season he played center for a while....anywho..only a nitpick....

they needed to make this move if there was any hope of advancing in the playoffs. gomez and gionta also, imo, elevated their games once elias was taken off their line. those two have to be the go-to guys and not think that only with elias on the line will they be dangerous offensive players.

good read, while the NY times does'nt have the volume of coverage as the post or ledger the articles usually are well written with incite.

perhaps what the author meant by lou "not following traditions" was the fact that lou runs the organization in a unique way, unlike many other franchises. kinda like how the devils don't have a repulsive third jersey, team ethic, no big money hi-maintenance players, etc. etc.