Chime In With Your Thoughts On The Kovalev Deal

Risky

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnatio...ge=kovalevtrade

Glen Sather has done it again. He's single-handedly putting a bullet in the head of the National Hockey League with his gluttonous disregard for player economics. The absurdity began with the Lindros deal and has continued through more bone-headed moves, the flagship of which being the "acquisition" of Bobby Holik for $9 million a year. The last CBA is coming back to bite the league (and it's diehard fans) in the keester and the Rangers organization is effectively heralding the apocalypse of the sport. We're not seeing fair and balanced competition -- we're seeing salary dumps masquerading as trades where the fat-cats on Broadway, in Detroit, in Dallas and in Denver are setting unrealistic player pricing structures with which small market teams can never hope to compete. I am sickened by this deal as it represents the reprehensible nature of what the NHL has become. The Rangers deserve to miss the playoffs... and if there's one thing we can believe, it's that they will.

Ryan

Lodi, NJ

Sather is ruining his name and his record.

Will he be remembered for building the great Oiler teams of the 80's or for helping to destroy the game as we know it.

Once the champion of the small market..now the gluttonous example of how to spend $60 million and still lose.

i recognize the word "team" and how one succeeds. i also am aware of chemistry and how big ego's can factor in.... but this teams roster is simply unbelievable, and its hard to overlook. It does make the fact that when they continue to loose all that much sweeter ....im just keeping my fingers crossed for a couple more quick losses, bringing our "assumed" elimination countdown down to 4/or5 and making this a bigger mockery then it already has been .

but you all must have given this one thought. if these clowns get into the playoffs. it could be our worst nightmare. the talent and experience on this team is incredible and could carry a team a long way in the second season.

any thoughts???

i recognize the word "team" and how one succeeds. i also am aware of chemistry and how big ego's can factor in.... but this teams roster is simply unbelievable, and its hard to overlook. It does make the fact that when they continue to loose all that much sweeter ....im just keeping my fingers crossed for a couple more quick losses, bringing our "assumed" elimination countdown down to 4/or5 and making this a bigger mockery then it already has been .

but you all must have given this one thought. if these clowns get into the playoffs. it could be our worst nightmare. the talent and experience on this team is incredible and could carry a team a long way in the second season.

any thoughts???

Speak-

They lack 2 things that would make me fear them come playoff time

1. A defense.

2. A bonafide Playoff goalie

Other then taht I agree with what you've said.

Bastards ruined the great game of hockey. When there is a strike in 2004 I will blame none other than the Rangers, although one may say the wings and avs spend as well, the Rangers started this spending spree in which teams are abandoning developing talent to trading or signing a 30 year old superstar and spending whatever cash neccesary

we're seeing salary dumps masquerading as trades where the fat-cats on Broadway, in Detroit, in Dallas and in Denver are setting unrealistic player pricing structures with which small market teams can never hope to compete

this is a great line, somebody needs to make it his signature.