Second Life

redruM

I don't, but one of the other people in my company does. We discussed the possibility of Maserati opening up a virtual "dealership" there...they decided it wasn't yet worth the $$ involved.

I actually never heard of it until recently (although my fiance loves the Sims 2 PC game) actually heard about it because a guy became the first real life millionaire through selling virtual housing (as in real life he would buy the online land and build a house and then sell for premium value...interesting but I have enough trouble paying my real bills to worry about virtual ones as well :D

I checked it out after I read something a while back about an attack on a group that may have been flouting their TOS in terms of hate speech. It involved exploding pigs and I had to know. It was not so great. Technically, you don't need any money to join, but practically everything, including the actions you can perform, has to be bought. I think you can get a few game dollars for giving them just your credit card number, but it's pretty non-awesome. It's also kind of hard to walk and chew gum at the same time in the game, literally. Trying to set up a series of actions, let alone talk to anyone else while you do it, well, it's not the most user friendly game ever.

Then there's what goes on in the game. It seemed like a lot of it was dominated by sex. Not just strip clubs, but a whole heck of a lot of prostitution. I'm not a prude, but I didn't want to spend my time earning money to buy new clothes by working a pole, which was an option. And like the sims, a lot of the game aside from the sex, is dominated by builders. I'm not tech-y enough to design objects, and I wasn't going to fork over all that money to build houses, so I stopped playing pretty quickly.

Why yes, I AM avoiding the job that has prevented me from following the Devils adequately right now. Why ever do you ask?

I checked it out after I read something a while back about an attack on a group that may have been flouting their TOS in terms of hate speech. It involved exploding pigs and I had to know. It was not so great. Technically, you don't need any money to join, but practically everything, including the actions you can perform, has to be bought. I think you can get a few game dollars for giving them just your credit card number, but it's pretty non-awesome. It's also kind of hard to walk and chew gum at the same time in the game, literally. Trying to set up a series of actions, let alone talk to anyone else while you do it, well, it's not the most user friendly game ever.

Then there's what goes on in the game. It seemed like a lot of it was dominated by sex. Not just strip clubs, but a whole heck of a lot of prostitution. I'm not a prude, but I didn't want to spend my time earning money to buy new clothes by working a pole, which was an option. And like the sims, a lot of the game aside from the sex, is dominated by builders. I'm not tech-y enough to design objects, and I wasn't going to fork over all that money to build houses, so I stopped playing pretty quickly.

Why yes, I AM avoiding the job that has prevented me from following the Devils adequately right now. Why ever do you ask?

So I can earn money in 3nd life working the pole!! I'm definitely joining now!!

With the money I earn can I buy myself a pair of 36-d's??

sounds weird to me... :unsure:

Red... do you want to come to my house for dinner or something?

EDIT (after reading entire thread): Ohh! I see.. so it's like a fake life...you're not you...you're the you you would be had you no morals? So red would get implants on himself if he had no social conscience... nice to know. :unsure:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Hey, it's a Helena sighting!

I lurk, it happens. I am just totally unqualified to say anything about the Devils right now. I also moved again, so at least I am in the Eastern Conference, which makes it slightly more likely I know what's going on.

So I can earn money in 3nd life working the pole!! I'm definitely joining now!!

With the money I earn can I buy myself a pair of 36-d's??

But it's not fun to work the pole, you just click on it and the person dances. You can actually give yourself 36-D's right out of the gate. And be a furry or an anime character. The question is, do you want to spend money on genitalia. I understand they can be bought second hand.