River Rats clinch playoff spot

threestars

Tonight, the Rats clinched their first playoff spot since 2000 with an OTL to Binghamton. They'll face Hershey (the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy winners (best reg season record), and defending Calder Cup champions) in the first round, starting next week. In the regular season Hershey took the series 7-1, so doesn't look like it'll be a long playoff run, but I am proud of them nonetheless.

Good luck to Lowell fighting for the last spot in the Atlantic division.

Oh, and tonight, Keith Aucoin eclipsed the regular season point record for the Rats previously held by John Madden.

I guess the A uses the old NHL format of where you play out of the division in the playoffs??

Sooo.... it's a damn shame I won't be able to go up to albany for the playoff game on hex power principle :evil:

Yup, as I discoverd the AHL does use the divisional format for the playoffs, probably mainly for travel considerations. Luckily for the Rats though else they'd be so screwed. That is also why the Rats play Hershey in the first round, who they don't stand a hope in hell against. But, oh well.

Oh yeah, and the Rats will not be playing their games in Albany either. The circus is in town, so they'll be playing about an hour away in Glens Falls most probably. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and the Rats will not be playing their games in Albany either. The circus is in town, so they'll be playing about an hour away in Glens Falls most probably. :rolleyes:

Hey, Hey, Hey, I still wear my Rats jersey with pride. Of course it is last years and has the Devils logo on the shoulder. Seeing the Rats in the playoffs is cool, especially the stupid Canes are out of the NHL playoffs. I am still in shock how they killed the Devils last year.

Go Lowell!!!!