Prudential Center/Mulberry Street Pics

Terreri31

My guess would be no, just because from a money standpoint, why would anyone come in and watch it live if they could watch it free outside? I imagine they'll use it for advertising during games and maybe show clips and highlights.

Again, that's just me guessing.

Edited by devilsfan26

That's true, but people can also watch the game for free at home and they still continue to go to games. That said, I agree with you that they will probably not show games live on the screen. Which brings up the point--if they aren't showing games, what is the purpose of this screen? It sounds cool but it doesn't seem like it has a reason for being there.

I think the most likely reason for it being there is, of course, $$$. Eyeballs in Newark proper, on the train, on TV when they show shots of it, will all be focused there. Methinks advertisements will be a good portion of it.

Though I agree with sammy, maybe if the games sell out they show it outside. That would actually be pretty cool during the playoffs, watching the games from Triangle Park while BBQing and hanging out....hell, I wouldn't complain too loudly if I had to do that instead of actually being inside! B)

It's really funny to see a shady farmer's market store literally 80 or so feet away from one of the cylinder entrances to the Rock. Once the area is beefed up around the Rock, it will look even sweeter. Especially when that bridge from Penn will be built. The walk now up Market St. by all those office buildings is real easy and safe. I even walked between Mulbury and Broad on Market and it's all civilized. We were definitely the only white people walking around, but it's chill.

The train ride from the city is super easy too. This is going to go down as one of the best moves ever.