Who should wear the 'C' this season?

thelastonealive

Captain '07-'08  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Devils captain in '07-'08?

• Patrik Elias
    • Brian Gionta
    • Jamie Langenbrunner
    • John Madden
    • Paul Martin
    • Colin White
    • Jay Pandolfo
    • Dainus Zubrus
    • Zach Parise
    • Someone else

I voted Elias without a doubt. When you have that much proven talent, experience, and the ability make everyone you play with better(and change a game), you're a born captain. Madden is a solid player with these same capabilities. He could be captain as well. Elias is looking very healthy these days and more like himself. The majority of the team had a rough year last season, and i don't think the 'pressure' of being a captain was the reason why Patty had such a down year. It was the first time he played a full season after Hep-B and i think that played more of part to his down year than anything else(ie the 'cold' that kept him out of those games last year). I'm sticking with Patty, but we'll see who Sutter picks.

C-Elias

A-Madden

A-White/Brylin/Langenbrunner

Edited by BigDrive_Score!

How can any of us know this unless we are in the locker room? I agree that based on the way I have seen Madden play, how he carries himself off the ice, and the fact that he has been an Alternate for some time now, that he would probably make a good captain. But I don't think it is fair for us to say who is more likely to be more vocal in the locker room.

Agreed. It is tough for us as fans to know what intangibles a guy brings into the room. Some players we look at that might not strike us as a natural leader could very well be just that. When I spoke to Travis Zajac this summer he amazed me when we spoke about some of the Devils and how much they lead on and off the ice for players like him that are younger.