Viukhola Back to Finland?

thefiestygoat

No one has posted a full translation yet, but take this post from HF for what its worth:

"That article you posted doesn't say that Viuhkola is heading back to Finland. It only says he has had tough time even getting ice time in the AHL eventhough he had high expectations before the season. It also says K

He was in Lowell last night. I saw him walking around the concourse during first intermission. Does the article mention that he was injured the first game this season (high stick to the face) and almost as soon as he returned, he was injured again (no idea when or how)? He hasn't been getting ice time because of those injuries. So he's not able to develop as a player, the way he hoped when he came to the Devils. That's been very hard to take. I'm sure he'd be on the ice if he were healthy, unless he has been classified by the AHL as a Veteran, somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

I had really high hopes for Viukhola before the season and thought he would center a very potent 4th line. I was really upset when that didn't happen and he has barely been a blip on the radar offensively this season.

This new report sheds a lot of light into the current situation. I'm really glad he's staying because I like his attitude and I think he can learn the NHL game and contribute. Hopefully, as he says, we see him with the big boys sometime around March.