Christmas, Even HR Is Scared

LOULAM1

SantaRay, sound's like your a little mad at the Founding Fathers for providing you and the rest of us with the greatest blueprint for a nation ever conceived... the Constitution.

I'm glad we have individuals like you in this country that want God out and atheism in regards to transforming our Constitution. It reinforces my Christian beliefs along with the rest of the MAJORITY of true Americans who understand the importance of our Christian/Judaeu beliefs and what this nation was built upon... GOD!

Sends chills down your spine I'm sure, but remember this country was not built on atheism but rather love of all religions and also the acceptance of seperation of Church and State.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you prove you have no idea of your own country's history. I know that you hate the document, but please read the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

The "under God" part wasn't added until the Cold War as one of many inane things that were done to prove we were different from the godless Communists. I don't say it, I consider myself a traditionalist. ;)

Anyway, I don't see why people get so fussed over Chistmas. I think Christmas trees are pretty, and I like the music and the presents, but I haven't been to Mass in many, many years. On Christmas Day, I go to my relatives' house, where the Jews outnumber the lapsed Catholics, because otherwise I would never see them. The true meaning of Christmas is marketing and always has been. The early Christians saw an easy way to incorporate winter solstice celebrations and ease conversions. Faced with the same challenge today, they probably would have picked, like, Super Bowl Sunday. Jesus was almost certainly not born in December, but who cares? There are AWESOME parties! It's the same reason why Hanukkah rose to such outsize prominence. BRING ON THE PRESENTS!

More importantly, Christmas is not at all an important Christian holiday from a theological perspective. The only one that is is Easter. You believe Christ was the son of God and rose from the dead, or you don't. Whether Jesus was born in a manger or a five star hotel or 20,000 leagues under the sea is incidental. But the roiling, evil hordes of atheists, agnostics, Jews, Muslims, Zoroastrians, and what have you don't worry so much about Easter hams and Jelly Beans, because the LouLams of the world don't get all up in our faces about it.

My favorite political irony is that conservatives have a reputation for being all tough, but they are actually bed wetting babies who fear anything different from them and consequently lash out. Like my family and I are on their lawns burning Bibles. Whatever.

Oh no, not Christmas! I don't want to insult 10 percent of the population!

Please. Let the people who celebrate Christmas celebrate, and the ones who don't not. Just because some people are offended doesn't mean it should be changed. Cant please everyone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.