Biron (the other Marty B)

drivingrain27

At the beginning of the Flyer's season, Martin Biron was starting every game for them. Nittymaki (which is also a very delicious type of sushi) has been starting much more lately for them. Anyone know where their great savior goalie has gone and why he isn't starting as much?

Niittymaki got the start last night because the previous two time the Devils and Flyboys met up, the Devils chased Martin Biron from the net. Niitty tends to play really strong against the Devs so they gave him the start last night. Plus it was a back-to-back game for the Flyers and Stevens tends to rotate his goalies more.

Niittymaki got the start last night because the previous two time the Devils and Flyboys met up, the Devils chased Martin Biron from the net. Niitty tends to play really strong against the Devs so they gave him the start last night. Plus it was a back-to-back game for the Flyers and Stevens tends to rotate his goalies more.

Niittymaki... :wub:

I like Biron only for his trash talk...

To one of the Staal kids.."what's wrong stall? You don't know ow to skate? It's just a line in dee ice..you don't ave to fall..." (in extremely awesome french accent) HAHA

In this specific case also, Biron played the previous day in a 6-5 shootout loss, so he probably needed a break. But I can't speak to the overall situation.

He started out hot this year and has cooled down, and they probably still want to develop Nittymaki into a future starter, so maybe this is the year they start.

It's Philadelphia. They've averaged more than one starting goalie per season for the last decade-plus. Nothing new.

Off the top of my head:

Ron Hextall

Sean Burke

Garth Snow

Brian Boucher

Roman Chekmanek

John Vanbiesbrouck

Robert Esche

Antero Niittymaki

Ron Tugnutt

Marty Biron

It's Philadelphia. They've averaged more than one starting goalie per season for the last decade-plus. Nothing new.

Off the top of my head:

Ron Hextall

Sean Burke

Garth Snow

Brian Boucher

Roman Chekmanek

John Vanbiesbrouck

Robert Esche

Antero Niittymaki

Ron Tugnutt

Marty Biron

Tugnutt? Maybe you mean Hackett?

Every year Philly thinks they found a #1 star goalie by picking up other teams trash or putting in some washed up guy in... every year, they are weakest at goal, and therefore don't win when it counts.

Vokoun was cheap; they should have grabbed him as well when they pillaged the Predators of Timonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Parent....

In this specific case also, Biron played the previous day in a 6-5 shootout loss, so he probably needed a break. But I can't speak to the overall situation.

He started out hot this year and has cooled down, and they probably still want to develop Nittymaki into a future starter, so maybe this is the year they start.

I'm certain that Niittymaki could have been a starter...until his back problems started up...now i think he's stuck being a #2..too bad, he's a damn good goalie