Official NFL FACT or FICTION Thread

Cracker5

factfiction_fh.gif

How to play: Answer the above post with a FACT or a FICTION and explain. After that, post your own "Fact or Fiction?" question.

FoF?

An AFC East team will dethrone the New England Patriots in 2-3 years.

FACT The Jets and Bills are long over due.

San Fran will make the playoffs in the next 3 years.

FACT The Jets and Bills are long over due.

FICTION; Still need to upgrade the WR spot as well as a more consistant O-line...QB would help too.

The Colts were a one trick pony, no seeing AFC Championship game within 3 years...

I'm gonna go FACT on this one...

I'll go out on a limb and say the 49ers will make the playoffs in 2010. This team is only going to get better. The only thing is that weak division is only going to get better too.

What the Niners have to do is

1. Stop trading their first round picks to the Patriots!

2. Improve through the draft. This team lacks talent and the draft is definitely the best place to find some.

3. Start to stockpile on defense. They should try to revolve a nasty defense around that manchild, Patrick Willis. I like Mike Nolan as a head coach just because that Ravens defense he worked with for a few years was nasty. A great defense, is a great offense. Defense wins championships.

4. Pick up some lineman via trade, free agency, or draft. Games are won in the trenches.

I think Alex Smith needs a year more or two to develop, similar to Eli Manning. Remember, he is now in a Mike Martz offense, meaning he'll be throwing the football 40+ times per game. Meaning, Vernon Davis is going to have to step it up like crazy, or they should go after someone like Donte Stallworth who will most likely be cut loose in the off-season due to salary cap reasons, IMO.

Martz should ease up on the passing game next season and give the ball off to Frank Gore (DA U) 20+ times, if possible. Gore is a beast and was great in Norv Turner's system. Martz runs a west coast, passing, offense, but he should definitely revolve the offense around Frank Gore.

I definitely think this team can make a turn around in a few years.

FoF?

The Cowboys will have the most primetime games again, next season.

The Colts were a one trick pony, no seeing AFC Championship game within 3 years...

Fiction.

I still believe Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL and will definitely lead them to at least another AFC Championship game withing the next 3 seasons.

FoF?

The Cowboys will have the most primetime games again, next season.

Fiction... New England will have every game on TV until they lose :P

as for Martz and San Fran... this has to be the most idiotic signing I've EVER seen... his offense if you can call it that is all about not protecting the QB and throwing all players possible into the pattern and hoping your QB survives the play and to hell with the blitz coverage....

and then you have the 49ers, tough but not overly talented Alex Smith with only 2 weapons on his team... Gore and Davis and Martz HATES throwing to the TE

you better draft 6 WR's in the draft if you think this lunatic is going to fix that team... so I will say the Niners won't make the playoffs till Martz is fired... or learns to run the ball

FOF:

The Lions will be the next team to rise and win that division and look like the darling of the NFC

FoF? The Cowboys will have double digit wins again this year.

Fact.

Too easy Marty. They'll go at least 12-4. Look at their schedule--it's cake!

2008:

HOME

New York

Philadelphia

Washington

San Francisco

Seattle

Baltimore

Cincinnati

NFC South (TBA)

AWAY

New York

Philadelphia

Washington

Arizona

St. Louis

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

NFC North (TBA)

Tony Romo will only get better and hopefully for your sake, you'll guys have a healthy Terry Glenn with the Hotel , the Barbarian, and Hamlin re-signed ready for next season.

FoF?

Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL history.

Real quick, looks like the Cowboys will have to wait another year before we have Mr. Glenn, because he is going to have surgery, and he might have microfracture surgery, sidlining him for, wait for it, 14 months. :angry:

Anyway, i think the answer to your question is absolute fiction. Complete and total fiction. Obviously, as a biased Cowboys fan that I am, I'm going to have to go with Tom Landry as the greatest. But if it isn;t him, it sure as hell isn't Billichicken. Where's Landry's camera B ) ?

FoF? This one is a complete guesser, as it deals with the not-so-near future: Tony Romo will make the Pro Bowl at least 4 more times in his 7 year contract.

Bill trumps Tom ANY DAY.

Fiction He's going to Mexico with Jess(I personally think he is not that good but he will make it 2-3 times)

FoF

Bill Cowher will be coaching the Eagles within 3 years

Bill trumps Tom ANY DAY.

Fiction He's going to Mexico with Jess(I personally think he is not that good but he will make it 2-3 times)

FoF

Bill Cowher will be coaching the Eagles within 3 years

Lombardi trumps them BOTH :P

34 missed that part of Romo showing lil Jessica the door and the notch on the belt she was !!! :evil:

Fiction, Cowher will be coaching next year and I would think elsewhere (I woulda said San Diego before the playoffs)...hell he could end up being the Indy coach when it all settles

FoF?

Brett Favre is, finally, done; and won't have another stellar season like this year for the rest of his career.

Fiction.

Favre will be back next season due to the fact that he won't won't go out with his last throw being an interception like that. He's probably the most competitive guy in the NFL and I can't see him retiring with all the talent he has around him-- Ryan Grant, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones (who shows a ton of upisde), Donald Lee, Bubba Franks, etc. He seems to have a great bond with McCarthy as well. I don't see why he can't put together a season like this year, next year.

FoF?

Michael Vick will play QB in the NFL again someday.

FoF?

Patrick Crayton will develope in a few years and become an elite reciever.

Fiction.

If you ask me, Crayton has already developed into a solid receiver. However, with T.O. not showing any signs of slowing down, Romo's favorite target seems to be Witten, and not even to mention Terry Glenn, I think it's unfair to call him a future elite receiver, unless he is traded to a team with a weak receiver corps, like the Miami Dolphins.

FoF?

Jason Taylor and/or Zach Thomas will not be a Miami Dolphin next year via retirement or trades for (a) draft pick(s).

FoF? If the Cowboys don't win a playoff game next year Wade Phillips will be fired, regardless of how well the regular season went.

Fact.

Jerry Jones will become impatient and upgrade Jason Garrett to Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

FoF?

Bob Sanders didn't deserve NFL DPOY this season.

Fact.

Ocho Cinco will be one of them, and am sure another Pro Bowler will be traded.

FoF?

Darren McFadden will be selected 1st overall during the '08 NFL Draft.

Fiction. The Fins already have Ronnie Brown.. And they're in so need of a DT(Holliday and Traylor are oldies.)

FoF?

The Pittsburgh Steelers will win the AFC north title next year?

FoF?

The Pittsburgh Steelers will win the AFC north title next year?

Fact.

I'll say they go 11-5 next season, good enough to win the AFC North over the Cleveland Browns.

FoF?

The Baltimore Ravens will bring in Donovan McNabb to start for the 2008 season and be a mentor towards Troy Smith.

FoF?

If the Cowboys do sign Dom Capers or the Redskins ex d-coord (who's name escapes me) Gregg Williams??? they have the best coaching staff in the NFL, and one of the best the league has ever seen.

Fiction

While that would give the cowboys a very experienced staff, I think that it would be hard for all of them to get along if a internal problem occurs. "To many cooks in the kitchen."

FoF?

With the playoff success of their offense without Shockey, the Giants will trade him in the offseason.

Fiction

While that would give the cowboys a very experienced staff, I think that it would be hard for all of them to get along if a internal problem occurs. "To many cooks in the kitchen."

FoF?

With the playoff success of their offense without Shockey, the Giants will trade him in the offseason.

Fact.

It probably isn't coincidence that quarterback Eli Manning's emergence has come while Shockey is out with a broken leg. Stories of Shockey regularly browbeating Manning and sulking when not featured in the passing game surfaced during Super Bowl week. Shockey is still arguably the NFL's best all-around tight end when healthy, but he may become trade bait in the off-season with the emergence of rookie replacement Kevin Boss, who's bigger, and arguably stronger and a better blocker.

Shockey's a very difficult "team player," if you will. He will become a free agent at the end of next season, and I can certainly see the Giants putting him on the block and going through with a trade. If he doesn't get traded, I don't see the Giants renewing Shock's contract. He tends to care about his individual stats, is extremely volatile, and isn't the best person to get along with.

(Btw, did anyone think J-Shock looked tanked in the booth besides me? Geez man, look interested in the game and be on the sidelines to cheer your teammates on!)

Sticking with the G-Men...

FoF?

The Giants win against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII was the greatest upset in Super Bowl history.

Sticking with the G-Men...

FoF?

The Giants win against the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII was the greatest upset in Super Bowl history.

FICTION... Jets Colts was a win that validated a whole league!!!!

FoF ... this is the beginning of the end of the Patriot dynasty....

• 4 weeks later...