Do we fear the Penguins now?

TomsRiverDevil

We have Salvador just absolutey maul Hossa. Take him out for the season. Sure Salvador will be banned for the rest of the season, but it would completely negate anything positive from their deal. You have to figure that that Pens gave up five players (includes draft pick) for two, giving them a net of -3. We take out the best one (Hossa) with our new D-man. Remember, it is kind of like we have a +1 because Cam wasn't playing and we got one that we can use. So if Salvador cancels out Hossa, it leaves us at 0 and the Pens at -4. And since Salvador is new, we have no emotional attachment to him!

I would say that Hossa will add a dangerous edge to their offense, but after watching last nights game and previous Pens games, I don't believe that the Pens have a good (definitely not GREAT) transition game. Their goaltending is Ty Conklin, and that' all I'm going to say about that.

In the end, I think the Pens will be like Tampa Bay in years past - only with less danger in the transition game. Lots of scoring, and little defense.

I would welcome the Pens in the first round!

I would say that Hossa will add a dangerous edge to their offense, but after watching last nights game and previous Pens games, I don't believe that the Pens have a good (definitely not GREAT) transition game. Their goaltending is Ty Conklin, and that' all I'm going to say about that.

In the end, I think the Pens will be like Tampa Bay in years past - only with less danger in the transition game. Lots of scoring, and little defense.

I would welcome the Pens in the first round!