The walk from Newark Penn to the Rock

95Crash

I heard that it is almost possible to walk from Newark Penn Station to the Rock without stepping outside. That the train station is connected to the buildings along Market St., I think.

Is that true? Is that possible?

The one time I took the train to the game, for the home opener, I stepped outdoors, out of the train station, and walked the few blocks to the arena on the sidewalk. The walk itself was not bad. Plenty of traffic cops and such. But if there is a way to get close to the arena while staying indoors, I'd like to try that too. Someone told me there are a few shops along the way.

Can anyone vouch for any of this?

:unsure:

Yes it is the huge office buildings that runs along side Market St. It is open after the games as well. Many Devils fans go through there to get to penn Station after the games. It is very conveinent especially if there is bad weather outside. It goes right to the train station.

I agree. The outdoor walk is not bad at all.

I just want to try the indoor route because I never did it before. And someone said that they saw some Devils merchandise being sold along that route. Can that be true? Are there any stores or merchandise or concession stands along the way?

:)

I just want to try the indoor route because I never did it before. And someone said that they saw some Devils merchandise being sold along that route. Can that be true? Are there any stores or merchandise or concession stands along the way?

Yes there's a sports jersey, etc store in the first gateway center by the Starbucks and Subway (since I've been trying to eat cheap and healthy I've been eating dinner at the Subway too before the games and the sports place is right there too)

The people selling the merchandise are very big on getting you to take the indoor route because they want you to buy from them not the arena. The guy practically yells at me when i tell him I want to walk outside. And every game so far I ahve come to he has been by the track 5 escalators tellin everyone in devils gear to take the inside route. And they have a sign that says buy from us we are cheaper than the arena.

Starbucks is closed a lot.. not open on sat afternoon or after games.. it bummed me out.. but i understand!

Edited by langsgirl

The sport shop even holds a raffle every game you can win a $10 gift certificate they give it to you before the game and when you come back they post the winning numbers.

Not every game. I would imagine they'll do one tomorrow night.

As official keeper of the Gateway Complex, I do wholeheartedly endorse this thread. :koolaid: When you get to Newark Penn, look for the signs/esculator to Track 5. Or look for a bunch of Devils fans going somewhere not outside. Either way works. Most of the places will be closed, but hey, it's inside, what more could you really want?