New Jersey getting new minor league team

skeeter

I came across this bit of interesting info while wasting time tonight, a new hockey league is forming and West Orange will be getting a team, starting November 1. It will be a feeder league for the ECHL and teams will have 25 home games. It will be called the EPHL, or Eastern Professional Hockey League. Danbury, CT will also be getting a team as well as four other cities. This is pretty exciting to me, but we'll see how this pans out or if it ever even happens. Most of these leagues come and go at a rediculously fast rate and I've seen quite a few disband in the middle of the season. I guess with the renovations and no Devils, South Mountain can handle something like this, basically a single A league. What should the team name be?

I played in the MAHL when i wasnt backing up Dave or Smitty. It sucked. I had no less than 45 shots a game. I played for Valley Forge Freedom. I stood on my head and took 63 shots just to lose in OT. Then i still got sh!t from some of the players for not playing good enough. Some of the players have way too big of an ego and think they deserve the treatment that ECHL and higher teams get. Maybe they would of been happier if they got payed but im sure some of the guys would have still wanted more. This EPHL is a product of MAHL. The Freedom were supposedly splitting to Danbury, CT and AC, NJ. We will see what happens. But from what i see the MAHL is still up and running, IN FACT they have a new team. The South Shore Shooters out of IN. Im not sure if i want to play again.

Calling it a minor league is actually insulting to the minor leagues. This will be way beneath minor league. It's like an adult league that thinks its bigger than it really is.
Edited by Zdunk