NBC Letting "Stooges" Get In Emrick's Way

thelastonealive

Yeah, a couple of them are pretty funny.

Jackson actually wasn't that big a homer when he did the radio broadcasts. As soon as he moved to TV, he became unbearable. The only part of his repertoire that annoys me though is the phrase, "...of the spectacular variety" which grates on me to no end. Coates is just a useless clown.

The strange thing is that Jackson isn't all that bad when doing national telecasts. I saw him call one game on OLN (back when it was still OLN) and he was actually pretty good. I guess he's just further proof that Philadelphia brings out the worst in people?

Also, didn't Jackson start out with the Devils? Or was it Doc that started with the Flyers? Or both? If so, then that might actually be the best trade in franchise history.

The strange thing is that Jackson isn't all that bad when doing national telecasts. I saw him call one game on OLN (back when it was still OLN) and he was actually pretty good. I guess he's just further proof that Philadelphia brings out the worst in people?

Also, didn't Jackson start out with the Devils? Or was it Doc that started with the Flyers? Or both? If so, then that might actually be the best trade in franchise history.

I always chalked Jackson's homerism to being paired with Dornhoeffer and Coates. I don't have cable, so I can't say what he's like now that Jones is his color man. He's also doing pre- and post- game emcee duty for the Phils and is enjoyable in that capacity.

I don't know if Jackson worked with the Devils, but when I started watching hockey, Doc was working with Bill Clemment doing TV for the Flyers. Thems was the golden days (though I'm too young to remember Gene Hart.)

I always chalked Jackson's homerism to being paired with Dornhoeffer and Coates. I don't have cable, so I can't say what he's like now that Jones is his color man. He's also doing pre- and post- game emcee duty for the Phils and is enjoyable in that capacity.

I don't know if Jackson worked with the Devils, but when I started watching hockey, Doc was working with Bill Clemment doing TV for the Flyers. Thems was the golden days (though I'm too young to remember Gene Hart.)

I just did a quick Wikipedia search and apparently Jackson started his broadcasting career with the Utica Devils. Close enough.

I used to watch a lot of Flyers broadcasts while I was attending Rowan University in south Jersey, but now that I'm home I almost never watch them. The broadcast has got to be better now that Clement is in the booth (I think Jones left after one season, not sure though, but Jonesy had to be an improvement over Dornhoeffer too ... a turd stuck to a microphone would be better than Dornhoeffer).

I just did a quick Wikipedia search and apparently Jackson started his broadcasting career with the Utica Devils. Close enough.

I used to watch a lot of Flyers broadcasts while I was attending Rowan University in south Jersey, but now that I'm home I almost never watch them. The broadcast has got to be better now that Clement is in the booth (I think Jones left after one season, not sure though, but Jonesy had to be an improvement over Dornhoeffer too ... a turd stuck to a microphone would be better than Dornhoeffer).

I need to get cable...