Boowmeester wants out of Florida?

ghdi

You'd trade Elias :unsure: sorry, but IMO Parise goes before Elias does, by a mile.

Are you serious man? Parise has way more potential that Elias.. I loved Patrik's years back in 2000 and 2001 when he was in his prime, but Elias is past his prime now IMO.. and Parise is young and probably better than Patrik is right now.. why on earth trade Parise before Elias?????? Thats crazy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are forgetting that Jay Bouwmeester is a franchise defensemen. This guy has the capabilities to go up in some arena's rafters.

If he is REALLY on the opening market, Lou knows what this guy can do. He's at least calling. Rock hard, sturdy, smart and athletic defensemen just don't come around anymore. And we aren't going to land a defensemen like this the easy way anymore (ala Stevens as compensation), so it will obviously take a lot. He is one of those special players that's totally worth that.

Our D corp would sky rocket to the top of the league, barring Salvador stays and Oduya continues on his track.

Martin-Bouw

Salvador-Oduya

White (Much less effective, but for some unknown reason Lou loves him) - VV

(Extras in Mottau and whoever else looks good in camp)

There's hard ass hitting and puck movement all around. So extremely well balanced.

Zajac and Gio can be replaced very easily (their total output is mediocre at best for their positions). Especially with a cap increase and a report that Rolston only wants a 2 year deal with a $5mil ceiling, I mean come on that screams bargain and points. Hell he could probably make up Zajac and Gio's production ALONE or be damn close to it.

Brookbank would go too, and def some draft picks. Zajac/Little G/Brookbank/2009 1st is a very solid offer. It's relatively cheap and balanced.

Guys, this is a golden opportunity to severely upgrade this team right here. We've been wanting it for a good 4 years now, the doors could be open if this report is true.

Florida already has prospects. I doubt that's what they're looking for. If they are going to trade him, I doubt they're going to let it be for considerably little (like with Jokinen).

I would trade Gionta, Vishnevski, Zajac (if Florida even wanted him), the 2009 first round draft pick, a third round draft pick and a conditioner draft pick if Jay-Bou signs long term with us. Hell, I'd toss in Bergfors rights too. Why people want him to automatically make the jump to our team and got on the first line baffles me. I don't see him as THAT special, but he could create good Jay-Bou bait. Or should we say Jacques Martin bait?

Regardless, I would be willing to trade any player on NJ (except for Martin, Oduya, Madden and Parise) to acquire Jay-Bou. I wouldn't want to trade everybody, but it's not like he's not worth it.

The only thing that would suck is the #4 is OBVIOUSLY retired, so it wouldn't be the genuine Jay-Bou. He'd probably get one of those "recycled" jersey numbers that we give to players who stay for the cup of cocoa, then get dumped a year or so later...

It's a real shame Jacques Martin probably isn't as stupid as the one in NHL 08.

I was able to trade:

New Jersey Devils traded:

Vitaly Vishnevski

Travis Zajac

to Florida Panthers for:

Jay Bouwmeester

Wade Belak (don't ask)

Edited by Confusious