Metallica: Death Magnetic tracklist revealed

metallidevils

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Metallica is back! Their new CD "Death Magnetic" debuts @ #1 on the charts! :koolaid:

AP

LOS ANGELES (Sept. 16) - For those of you who wrote Metallica off after 'St. Anger,' you may want to reconsider.

The legendary metal band's first album in five years -- "Death Magnetic" -- will take the No. 1 slot on the U.S. pop chart when sales data are issued on Wednesday, according to preliminary estimates.

The album is already No. 1 in Britain, having gone on sale worldwide last Friday.

Informed sources estimate "Death Magnetic" sold 450,000-500,000 copies across the United States during the week ended Sept. 14. Albums usually come out on a Tuesday in the United States, and a day earlier everywhere else.

Metallica's last studio album, "St. Anger," also had a Friday release in 2003, but in that case, the off-cycle street date was a rushed release motivated by Internet leaks.

"St. Anger" sold 419,000 copies during that abbreviated three-day window, securing Metallica its fourth chart-topping start on The Billboard 200. But the album is now considered a critical and commercial disappointment.

Metallica's last chart appearance was for the soundtrack EP "Some Kind of Monster," which debuted No. 37 in 2004.

One unpredictable variable for "Death Magnetic" sales is a ticket/album bundle offered by Ticketmaster. The album was also packaged with "Guitar Hero" at Best Buy, sold through "Guitar Hero" platforms Xbox and Playstation and packaged with a Metallica-branded set of headphones by Skull Candy.

I was extremely skeptical about the album at first since I've been dissing Metallica since Load, but it looks like the boys are finally back on track. The riffs and solos off of "That Was Just Your Life" sound like they came straight off of my favorite Metallica album, Kill 'Em All. Kirk's solos on the entire album were sick.....it was awesome to see him finally shine again after that disaster known as St. Anger.

Sick, sick album. Any bitter ex-Metallica fans who bash it are just unwilling to accept the fact that Metallica is back to their metal roots. My top three favorite tracks would have to be That Was Just Your Life, Cyanide, and The Judas Kiss. Welcome back, boys!

I agree, I was expecting more garbage, but this is definitely a good CD.

The sound is kinda lame, I don't know if they were going for a black metal type of sound or what, but it's kind of perplexing that these millionaires put out a CD that sounds like this.

Either way it's still a pretty good CD. I like That Was Just Your Life, The Day That Never Ends, The Judas Kiss, and My Apocalypse the most.

Finally it appears that Metallica will get into the Rock Hall of Fame. They should be voted in with no problem and deserve it.

Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominated for Rock Hall

Sept. 22, 2008, 10:04 AM EST

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Run-D.M.C. http://music.msn.com/music/artist/run-dmc/ could "Walk This Way" into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The 1980s rap act, along with Metallica http://music.msn.com/music/artist-biography/metallica/ and the Stooges are among the nine nominees for next year's hall of fame class, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced Monday.

The other nominees are guitarist Jeff Beck, singer Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, War, Bobby Womack, and disco and R&B group Chic, the only nominee back from last year's ballot.

The five leading vote-getters will be announced in January and inducted April 4, 2009, in Cleveland.

The ceremony typically has been held in New York but is returning to Cleveland after more than a decade-long absence. Tickets will be made available to the public for the first time.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five opened the door for rap at the Rock Hall as the first hip-hop act to be inducted in 2007. Now, Run-D.M.C., nominated in the first year of its eligibility, has the chance to follow on the strength of rock and rap blends such as the 1986 cover of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" and classics like "It's Tricky" and "My Adidas."

Metallica jumped on the heavy metal wave of the '80s and 25 years later is still selling out arenas. This month the group released "Death Magnetic," which marks a return to its early speed metal days.

Edited by SatansDevils

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...