Salvador makes early impact for New Jersey Devils

Rock

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2008/09..._impact_fo.html

In the opening period of Wednesday night's 3-2 preseason victory over the Rangers before a crowd of 8,014 at the Prudential Center, Salvador fought Aaron Voros after the Rangers forward appeared to trip Paul Martin on a potentially dangerous play.

"Bryce did the right thing doing what he had to do," coach Brent Sutter said of the fight. "The ref said (Voros) missed (Martin)... but the intent was there."

During the third period, Rangers coach Tom Renney yelled something to Devils winger David Clarkson on the ice.

"Someone on their bench told me to stop running around," Clarkson said. "I said something to one of their players and (Renney) said something back, but I couldn't hear him."

Asked if he thought Clarkson was running around, Devils coach Brent Sutter said: "Their guy (Voros) wasn't?"

Say what you want about Sean Avery, but if the Rangers think Aaron Voros is going to "take over" the "pest" job for them, they are in for some tough times ahead.

...sheesh, "Stop running around"....with the exception of Orr, and to a MUCH lesser extenet, Voros, the Rags are going to be S-O-F-T this season!

I was impressed by Salvador, Salmela, and Fedorov last night. I'm hoping to see Salvador play well all season as he did for us towards the end of last year, and I also think having Langenbrunner healthy and playing well going into the season will help tremendously. I feel better about the Devils going into this season than I did last year at this time.