Marty who?

Rock

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Simmo...821806-sun.html

"Our scouting department, and in particular Glenn Hall, really loved Trevor Kidd," Fletcher said. "I think most people in hockey did. Glenn thought he was going to be a superior NHL goaltender. He was so high on him. We went into that draft thinking we had no chance of getting him."

"Our scouts came to me and said: 'You have to do something, you have to try and move up to get Kidd.' It all happened very fast. It happened after the Leafs picked. I only had a few minutes. I went over and made a deal with Lou (Lamoriello). I gave him our second-round pick and we flipped his first-round pick for ours."

With the Devils pick, Fletcher's Flames selected Kidd and thought they'd hit a home run.

With the Flames pick, Lamoriello selected Brodeur and many wondered why.

"The stat that totally amazes me is that he won 239 or something one-goal games," Fletcher said. "That is mind boggling if you think about it. That, more than the wins, more than the shutouts, tells you about this guy.

"He has the most unbelievable makeup to be a goaltender. Bad performance doesn't bother him. Bad goals don't rattle him. He's not uptight. He's as normal as you can be."

If only Mr. Goalie had known.

I wonder how Trevor Kidd's taking all this.

I think he's fine with the 12+ million he received in salary. I'm surprised the article didn't mention Felix Potvin, also taken after Kidd (and Brodeur) in the same draft (2nd round, 31st overall), and had a much more illustrious career than Kidd.