With Jamie Out...

devilsrule33

Captaincy  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see another Devil wear the C with Jamie out?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so...who should be captain?

• Elias
    • Parise
    • Madden
    • Shanahan
    • White
    • Zubrus
    • Other

If it's only two games, then I'd say don't change anything. But if it turns out to be a serious injury, making Jamie miss a big portion of the playoffs (and the Devils go a bit deeper), then I'd be for giving the C to somebody. I voted Elias, but I'm kinda split between him and Madden. I always viewed Johnny as a leader and he has yet to be given a shot at the captaincy. But on the other hand, I also feel that Elias wasn't really given a chance. He was a C for a season and then Sutter came in and started over again. Yeah, it seemed like Patty had issues being the captain, but everyone has a weaker year from time to time and they never gave him an opportunity to prove people wrong. I think I'd go with #26.

Edited by Revan

Langs had a career year...

With his SECOND year as captain

there's always an adjustment when someone dons the C... no idea why... it just is... and this ain't the time to mess with it

I voted no, Langs will be out 2 games, hopefully that's the extent-- and if somebody else doesn't step up without the C, why should we force-feed them the role with the c?

exactly, its a short time frame he is out, you dont need a C on the ice. He is still present and talking with the guys, he is still a leader. Him being out and still being a leader in the lockerroom can be a lot of motivation for the team.