The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

TK

:cryriver:

Looks like Vinnie needs to sell books.

I hadn't heard that before, that the CIA told him days before his speech that Saddam wasn't an imminent threat and that it would be more likely to provoke any use of WMD's if we attacked first.

Interesting to say the least.

What's interesting?

Who said Iraq was an imminent threat?

Intriguing.. at the very least as an intellectual exercise...

I'm putting the over-under of people in this thread calling the author a traitor at 5.

Nah, not a traitor.

Vincent Bugliosi was the prosecutor of Charles Manson, he wrote the book Helter Skelter. That is an awesome book to read.

I hadn't heard that before, that the CIA told him days before his speech that Saddam wasn't an imminent threat and that it would be more likely to provoke any use of WMD's if we attacked first.

Interesting to say the least.

But according to the left there never was any WMD, isn't that why he never used them because he never had them?

If the answer to the above is yes, what I'd like to know is how did Saddam gas 100,000-180,000 Kurds from 1986-89 ?

But according to the left there never was any WMD, isn't that why he never used them because he never had them? If the answer to the above is yes, what I'd like to know is how did Saddam gas 100,000-180,000 Kurds from 1986-89 ?

:unsure: Everyone knows that Iraq *HAD* biological weapons. What was that line "The best proof the U.S. has that Iraq had WMDs is the receipts." I mean, the US supplied anthrax and botulin to Iraq in 1986 and the attack on the Kurds was in 1987. However, most, if not all were destroyed after the Gulf War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weap...ass_destruction

So the claim isn't that Saddam NEVER had WMDs. The "debate" is whether he had any in post-2000.

:unsure: Everyone knows that Iraq *HAD* biological weapons. What was that line "The best proof the U.S. has that Iraq had WMDs is the receipts." I mean, the US supplied anthrax and botulin to Iraq in 1986 and the attack on the Kurds was in 1987. However, most, if not all were destroyed after the Gulf War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weap...ass_destruction

So the claim isn't that Saddam NEVER had WMDs. The "debate" is whether he had any in post-2000.

These people sure thought he did

If Bush Lied, Then So Did These People

this is atleast the 3rd time that this link has been posted recently and I always have the exact same question...

Which of those people was president and sent us to war? Hell half those statements are just ambiguous sentences that still apply today. Of course Saddam with WMD's would be a serious threat, if any dictator has access to them you could consider it a major threat to world security. Lots of things are threats to us that don't involve invading a country. How many times does NK have to shoot missiles around the globe before we invade there? Bush is absolutely responsible for each of their deaths, I would stop short of calling him a murderer though, that implies intent which I do not think he had.

However I will say this if any of them actually saw that CIA briefing and still propagated the myths that the Bush cabinet did then they should be held just as accountable and responsible. This is not a partisan issue for me, but clearly when all you can do is site a website called "rightwingnews" that lists no republicans you see it as one.

Edited by squishyx

Yes. All of your politicians seemed to be out of the loop. Republicans and Democrats. Some countries said that without the backing of the U.N. security council, which deemed that there wasn't enough proof of WMDs, decided that the US politicians of all stripe were blowing smoke.

If your point was that all U.S. politicians were easily conned, kudos.

:cryriver:

Looks like Vinnie needs to sell books.

What's interesting?

Who said Iraq was an imminent threat?

2:25 in. Who's that saying Iraq is an imminent threat? Looks like that Rumsfeld guy.

2:25 in. Who's that saying Iraq is an imminent threat? Looks like that Rumsfeld guy.

Forgot the link

Forgot the link

Thanks.

Your link showed that he never said that.

I'll answer the question for you.

The only person to utter that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States was Sen. John Edwards, he of the $400 haircut, and bastard child.

Thanks.

Your link showed that he never said that.

I'll answer the question for you.

The only person to utter that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States was Sen. John Edwards, he of the $400 haircut, and bastard child.

Really? I could have sworn that at 3:12 of that video, the co-host read the following quote from Rumsfeld:

"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.