Pick your prospect!

brickwall30

Aight so pretty simple pick who you would take from this years draft and why.

I'm going to go with Kyle Palmieri. I hate the fact that he openly says he's a huge rangers fan, but he grew up and played/plays hockey in NJ and has shown some pretty impressive stats in big games such as a hat trick in the five nations gold medal game in 2008 and 4 points in the 7 game tourny forthe U-18 world championship bronze medal team (all US teams obviously). He also was reported to have been thrown off the USDP team for not narking out his teamates which I think shows a lot of character, though im not entirely sure that kind of disregard for authority is the type of thing Lou will like to see. He is also, i believe, brother to our current prospct Nick Palmieri though that is just a guess based on last name I may be totally off on that one and Lou does have a track record of picking siblings and relatives of current Devils (EDIT: CONFIRMED UN-RELATED). And to top it off he is listed as a right handed shot with the ability to play RW or CENTER which is something we are currently lacking down the pipeline as well as having pretty good size for such a young kid at 191 lbs.

this is his hockey's future history report:

Palmieri, a former star player for St. Peter’s Prep located in Jersey City, New Jersey, committed to play for Notre Dame for the fall of 2009; He is a current USNDP forward. He also played for the New Jersey Devils Under-16 Team. He is said to be a hard competitor with good hands and vision. He can read plays well and has shown a knack for scoring when the game is on the line.

Edited by brickwall30

Pretty sure they aren't related.

You are correct.

He is a good prospect but there are so many to chose form this year each with different atributes.

I think this years draft will be quite slow because teams will have to be making decisions over a number of prospects at each stage because of the good amount of depth avaliable.

• 1 month later...