Oduya looks to be back

MadDog2020

wow Lou is the man! at 3mil give or take this is a steal specially if its a long term contract.

Someone would certainly have givin him 5-6mil on the open market considering Oduya was* the best defenceman on the FA market short of Jbow and maybe bouchemen.

* there to hopefully prevent jynxing this signing

Looks like Chere is beating TG to the punch lately. TG's coverage is second to none, but Chere seems to be getting the upper hand in breaking news.

Should add that 3 million per is a very good price.

Since Mike asked, if I had to guess (and this is just speculation on my part), it sounds like Oduya will be re-signing. Until it's done, though, it's not done.

Posted by: TG | June 29, 2009 at 04:15 PM

Seems like TG probably has similar info but chose not to report the speculation part but instead just speculated in the comment section.

wow Lou is the man! at 3mil give or take this is a steal specially if its a long term contract.

Someone would certainly have givin him 5-6mil on the open market considering Oduya was* the best defenceman on the FA market short of Jbow and maybe bouchemen.

* there to hopefully prevent jynxing this signing

Although this is great news if true, there is no way Oduya would have got 5-6M on the open market, maybe high 4.x maximum.

I think Ohlund and Komi will fetch more as well. It has been reported that MTL has extended a 5M/Xyrs. deal to Mike, and he still wants to go to market.....