Eckford Taormina Walter Zharkov Perkovich

Magnan Corrente Walter Zharkov Perkovich

PK:

Sestito Davis Corrente Leach

Mills Gionta Magnan Davison

Sestito Davis Magnan Davison

End of 1: Worcester leads 2 - 1

WOR DaSilva, (1) (Joslin), 0:43

LOW Taormina, (1) (Eckford, Swift), 3:09 (PP) - Low wrister through the 5 hole, nice pass from Eckford

WOR Mashinter, (2) (Vesce, Joslin), 7:23 (PP)

End of 2: Worcester 3 - 1

WOR Mashinter, (3) (Joslin, Trevelyan), 6:29 (PP) 5 on 3

Fight: McCauley bumps Coleman? Davison takes down McCauley. Davison - 5 fighting, McCauley 2 roughing. Magnan called for hooking during 4 on 4. Worcester has 4 on 3 and then 2 man ad., leading to 3rd goal.

Lowell seemed to be spending alot of time on the PK.

Final: 5 - 4

LOW Gionta, (1) (Corrente, Davis), 2:20 - Gionta in front of net, puts in rebound.

WOR Helminen, (1) (Callahan, Joslin), 14:30 (PP) :rolleyes:

LOW Taormina, (2) , 18:05 - T. takes advantage of a turnover in the slot.

WOR Couture, (1) (McCarthy), 19:12 (EN) crap.

LOW Gionta, (2) (Taormina, Mills), 19:58

Shots: 33 each. PP: WOR 3/7, LOW 1/5. Well, at least they put up a fight at the end. PK sounds like it needs work, though. Better luck tomorrow.

Edited by Birch

taormina tearing it up so far. pity they lost but w/o frazee they're not a .500 team.

Gonna take more than Frazee to bring them above 0.333. Coleman was OK, not flawless but don't pin this loss on him. He had to make a lot more scrambling saves than the chair at the other end, got lucky with a couple that were screened, but I suppose he could work on controlling the rebounds because the cones don't always clear them.

A couple of the young cones -- er, defensemen -- need to be a whole lot smarter with the puck in *every* situation, but especially the Power-less Play.

Birch, did O'Brien mention what happened to Robitaille? Lose a chiclet or something when he got dumped into the W net?

I liked the way they didn't just toss in the towel after that empty-net goal, I'd like to see them keep fighting until the last horn.

Big news for the people who can actually come to Low Hell: they now have PROGRAMS for $3. I know, big deal, but the Lowell teams haven't had a program since maybe 2002-03. This is a big first for the L-Devils, along with a nice video clip advertisement in the online Eagle-Trib. It's almost as if they got permission to be a little fan-friendly and maybe look like a professional minor league hockey team.

Thanks for the details, Birch!

PS -- AHL All-Star game tickets online, still some good seats left...

shtikl - yeah, don't misjudge me saying that frazee is the difference in this particular game, or that coleman was poor tonight. i just mean that without frazee or someone else playing at a .920 save percentage sort of level, i cannot see lowell going over .500.

I understand. Even Frazee's save percentage won't be above .880 if Lowell continues to have a porous defense that gives the other team dangerous shots. I don't like to disparage the boys, so it's hard for me to say this: I don't like the way Eckford routinely starts the powerless play with a dump-and-chase, I don't like the way he plays deep away from the point, and I don't like his stick-handling in the defensive end. And Corrente has the same problems plus an aggressive temper. The coaches need to step up their play so the defensemen learn their trade. I don't know how long Leach will be around, and I don't know if Fraser will be back, so I assume what we saw last night is the best we can hope for, and I am totally underwhelmed. C- for the bench bosses after factoring in the BMI.

Birch, did O'Brien mention what happened to Robitaille? Lose a chiclet or something when he got dumped into the W net?

I liked the way they didn't just toss in the towel after that empty-net goal, I'd like to see them keep fighting until the last horn.

Big news for the people who can actually come to Low Hell: they now have PROGRAMS for $3. I know, big deal, but the Lowell teams haven't had a program since maybe 2002-03. This is a big first for the L-Devils, along with a nice video clip advertisement in the online Eagle-Trib. It's almost as if they got permission to be a little fan-friendly and maybe look like a professional minor league hockey team.

I didn't hear MOB mention any injury to Robitaille. (Doesn't mean he didn't say anything...it could just be me being my usual distracted self, missing important info.)

Yes, I was happy they got a last goal after the ENG.

:dance: Programs!

I understand. Even Frazee's save percentage won't be above .880 if Lowell continues to have a porous defense that gives the other team dangerous shots. I don't like to disparage the boys, so it's hard for me to say this: I don't like the way Eckford routinely starts the powerless play with a dump-and-chase, I don't like the way he plays deep away from the point, and I don't like his stick-handling in the defensive end. And Corrente has the same problems plus an aggressive temper. The coaches need to step up their play so the defensemen learn their trade. I don't know how long Leach will be around, and I don't know if Fraser will be back, so I assume what we saw last night is the best we can hope for, and I am totally underwhelmed. C- for the bench bosses after factoring in the BMI.

Right on. I like Corrente, but it seems like he's either thinking waaay too much or not at all. I hope he gets some confidence early in the season by playing well and receiving some help from the coaches. It seemed as if he just wanted to dump the puck back to Leach when he was in his own end. He is a good passer, too, and I hope a bit of confidence will help him take the next step.