Defense:

Dan Boyle

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Scott Niedermayer (Captain)

Chris Pronger (Alt Captain)

Brent Seabrook

Shea Weber

(wow, no Bouwmeester, Mike Green, Dion Phaneuf)

Forwards:

Patrice Bergeron

Sidney Crosby (Alt Captain)

Ryan Getzlaf

Dany Heatley

Jarome Iginla (Alt Captain)

Patrick Marleau

Brenden Morrow

Rick Nash

Corey Perry

Mike Richards

Eric Staal

Joe Thornton

Jonathan Toews

(no St.Louis, Lecavalier, J.Carter, Doan)

Edited by Z-Man

Absolutely love this team. My only small problem is having all 3 Sharks players on the team. They aren't big game players, but they have a lot to prove. Bergeron, Toews, Richards and Morrow are fantastic 4th line players.

Love the defense. Keith-Seabrook is an elite tandem. Niedermayer hasn't been good, but you know he'd be on the team. A Pronger-Niedermayer tandem still could be special. Happy to see Doughty over Green.

Edited by devilsrule33

Very surprised Morrow made it over Carter, not all that surprised Doughty made it over Bouwmeester/Green. Canada is still a ridiculous team. Can't wait for the games!

Morrow is a heck of player who has a nice combo of skill and grit. Carter is also a solid player but he has struggled quite a bit this year. I was watching the stream and Yzerman mentioned that the current play from the selected players played a role in their decision. They did well to leave Green off this team as well. He has offensive skills but he leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive side of the puck. A bit overrated imho.

Overall this is a very well built team. They'll be hard to play against.

I think Vinny deserves to be there, but that Sharks top line has been so good that it's hard to not pick one of them. But I don't think Joe Thornton or Dany Heatley are great players for a tournament like this. The action is very quick and intense and both those players are neither that.

I think Gary Galley said that Yzerman probably didn't want to take Thornton but the numbers were too good to pass up. Lecavalier has really picked up his play in December and is a big game player.

Flames fans are in absolute revolt - at the beginning of the year there were thoughts that Bouwmeester, Regher and Phaneuf could make the team. Now none of them do.

Typical Flames fan now: "I'm not gonna watch this abomination of a tournament just because this poor excuse for a team has a red maple leaf on their jersey. Wrap it up in all the patriotism you want, this selection process was anti-Calgary and it showed by putting Calgary-hating Kevin Lowe on the selection committee. They didn't want us, so I hope they lose."

Not surprised about Bouwmeister who is no longer the overrated "big fish in a small pond" since he is out of Flordia, Now people can judge him for his actual play which is why he didn't make it..

The only surprise to me is St. Louis who is the Tampa franchise.

Otherwise Yzerman put together what looks like a great "team".

I still would fear the Czech Republic for the Gold.