Does Kovy make the Devils a more attractive pick....

ThreeCups

The Devils HAD the greatest goaltender of all time, one of the best American players in the league in Parise and another excellent playmaker in Elias BEFORE we traded for Kovalchuk. NOW, we have all of the things mentioned PLUS a top 3/4 offensive player in the ENTIRE LEAGUE! I would have to believe this makes the Devils a much more attractive pick now to be in a Winter Classic. Marty needs to be in one of these before he retires, it would be a shame if he did not get the opportunity. Devils vs. Caps....Brodeur vs ENTER CAPS GOALIE NAME HERE...Parise, Elias, Backstrom, Semin all showcased.....OVIE VS KOVY! This game would be amazing and should draw well, both in ticket sales and television ratings. What do you guys think? Can Kovy put us into the Classic? EDIT: This is assuming we can re-sign him obviously. Yes, it is fun to dream...

Edited by ThreeCups

Will Kovy be with the Devils on New Years of 2011 ? Plans for the Winter Classic are in motion today for 2011 New Years day game.

Any idea when they have to have it finalized by?

No. NJ is not a media market

Pretty irrelevant, and they basically are considered part of the NY market. Is Buffalo a media market?

Edited by ThreeCups

I try to think we aren't re-signing him to avoid being disappointed in July (because right now it seems much more probable that he's walking somewhere else). But if we can keep him, I'd say yes, he gives us an even bigger chance. The team probably isn't an issue really, but with him, we have some true star power (Marty? Zach? Kovy?), so the only problem would be the location/market/whatever you call it. The Devils had been mentioned in those Winter Classic rumours just like they were mentioned in the Kovalchuk rumours, so who knows.

Man, it's so cool to see the Kovy-mania all around the Devils' boards. :) Everybody's talking about Kovalchuk in every single thread now and the TV crew literally followed every move of his during the game last night. Also, I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw the "Kovalchuk debut period-by-period" thing on NHL.com/Devils.nhl.com, analyzing pretty much every shift of Ilya's game. :evil: But it's all so positive and I love seeing all the Devils fans going crazy about him. This is something we haven't had in New Jersey since... it's the first time, I think. :)

Would love to get a Kovy Devils T-shirt, but I don't know if it's worth it. It becomes somewhat expensive when you add shipping costs (keep in mind I live in Europe) and if he leaves this summer... it's okay, but if he leaves for the Rangers or the Flyers, I would have to burn that thing. :evilcry:;)

Edited by Revan