Summer Pack Special Offer

DevsMan84

Look at this offer that is on the official Devils site from now until June 4th

2010-11 SEASON TICKETS - SPECIAL OFFER!

Purchase full season tickets from now until Friday, June 4 and receive a Devils Summer Pack!

Your Summer Pack includes:

• 2 Tickets to your favorite summer event at Prudential Center*

• Devils Rolling Cooler

• Devils logo beach chair

• Devils Polo

• Devils Beach Towel

(One Summer Pack per account)

This is the perfect way to gear up for the summer or get Dad an unforgettable Father’s Day gift. This offer is only valid for a limited time so contact the Devils at 1-800-NJ-DEVIL

*Valid for the following shows:

McDonald’s Gospelfest 2010 – 6/19

Carole King & James Taylor – 6/25

Brick City Boxing Series featuring Zab Judah – 7/16

American Idols Live 2010 – 7/20

Black Eyed Peas – 8/4

Brick City Boxing Series featuring Tomasz Adamek – 8/14

Is it just me or is this one of the lamest, lousiest offers a team can make to its fans? Granted we do not have PSL's (yet), but this is just a lame offer to spur ticket sales. When I first read about it, I was hoping that maybe they saw that season ticket sales are a little slow and that they would do some reductions or some big bonuses. Unfortunately, the Devils proved me correct yet again that they do not really know what the fans want or like. I am not a fan of gospel music, I hate the Black Eyed Peas and AI, and boxing is boring to me. Oh, but we get a free cooler, beach chair, polo and towel. I bet you anything that these are nothing but free giveaway rejects that have the Devils logo on them and then in a prominent place have some sort of sponsor on there. (Can't wait for my Panasonic Devils Towel! Same goes for my MSG+ beach chair!). My dad, like me, is a huge Devils fan but if I bought this pack for him, he would beat me over the head with the beach chair like a wrestler.

Oh no! The Devils are giving you free stuff for purchasing season tickets at regular price. How awful of the team to throw in freebies.

Don't like the package? Don't buy it. Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase this package.

Free stuff? This is like slightly better than average swag from a trade convention. I am just saying that the Devils have to come up with better offers to get more people to buy season tickets. Jacking up prices every year and then throw in this cr@p is not sweetening the deal any bit. If anyone complains on here or from the Devils why more people are not buying season tickets and filling up the Rock most nights, then they should be whipped with the Panasonic Beach Towel.

Free stuff? This is like slightly better than average swag from a trade convention. I am just saying that the Devils have to come up with better offers to get more people to buy season tickets. Jacking up prices every year and then throw in this cr@p is not sweetening the deal any bit. If anyone complains on here or from the Devils why more people are not buying season tickets and filling up the Rock most nights, then they should be whipped with the Panasonic Beach Towel.

Who is to say the Devils aren't fine with where the season ticket holder levels are at? It's a new arena, they're still finding out what promotions work best and which don't but they probably oversold last year a little, suggesting prices could be increased and/or promotions decreased.

The MSRP of that pack is probably like 100-200 bucks, that's not a bad incentive to buy tickets that you might have wanted to buy anyway. Just because you don't like a package doesn't mean it sucks, it just means it isn't for you. I'd be more interested if it had UFC in it, but someone who likes the Black Eyes Peas might be more than happy that they're included.

Yeah, man, I think you're being a touch over-critical. They could just...I don't know...give you tickets. The fact that they are trying something to spur ticket sales is a nice gesture. Besides, American Idol, despite your opinions of it, is a huge ticket and I would love to see James Taylor and Carol King live. Any bonus is a good bonus!

If cheap summer cr@p you probably already have (but not with a Devils logo on it) and tickets to a show or event you have little or no interest in would convince you to buy season tickets, then by all means go ahead and go buy them. I also hope that the 100-200 MSRP includes the tickets to a summer show, because the beach stuff is not even worth $10. By the empty seats I saw most games before Kovy came to the team, I highly doubt all the season tickets were sold as well. The path to getting more tickets sold is to DECREASE the prices, not increase them and offer lame packages. Look at all the message boards and websites concerning this team. From what I see, the #1 reason people do not attend many or any games a season is because of the PRICES.

Yeah, man, I think you're being a touch over-critical. They could just...I don't know...give you tickets. The fact that they are trying something to spur ticket sales is a nice gesture. Besides, American Idol, despite your opinions of it, is a huge ticket and I would love to see James Taylor and Carol King live. Any bonus is a good bonus!

If they want to try something to spur ticket sales, how about lowering the prices a little bit? Funny how when I go to the rock, the upper levels are usually full and as you get closer to the ice, the sections of empty seats get bigger. I thought this new era of NHL is supposed to help the fans by bringing cost-certainty to the owners which in turn, would help lower prices to the games. I guess that went out the window and we are being tricked into thinking we will forget about that fact when a free cooler and chair is involved.

If you like American Idol, then fine, go see it, but those tickets are ranging from $40-$76 dollars, way less than most seats. Also, I can imagine the James Taylor and Carole King tickets being sold out early, being that it is the most espensive ticket (up to $140). Therefore, do not be surprised when you call to purchase season tickets, and all that is left is gospelfest.

If they want to try something to spur ticket sales, how about lowering the prices a little bit? Funny how when I go to the rock, the upper levels are usually full and as you get closer to the ice, the sections of empty seats get bigger. I thought this new era of NHL is supposed to help the fans by bringing cost-certainty to the owners which in turn, would help lower prices to the games. I guess that went out the window and we are being tricked into thinking we will forget about that fact when a free cooler and chair is involved.

If you like American Idol, then fine, go see it, but those tickets are ranging from $40-$76 dollars, way less than most seats. Also, I can imagine the James Taylor and Carole King tickets being sold out early, being that it is the most espensive ticket (up to $140). Therefore, do not be surprised when you call to purchase season tickets, and all that is left is gospelfest.

Cmon...you can't tell me that Gospel Fest wouldn't be a pretty awesome experience. If not, you need to get some of the SPRIRT in you! Halleluia!!

All kidding aside, I'll make you a deal. If you renew your tickets during this time period, just give me all the free swag so you can renounce the team's paltry marketing attempts. If shipping costs are a concern, I'll come out to Jersey and you can simply hand it to me. Naturally, I wont be paying anything for this stuff, as you didn't pay for it, but I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for you!

As for ticket prices, like 731 alluded to, the Devils must be just fine with the season ticket sales. If they weren't, they would lower them, but they must be turning a good enough profit to leave them as is, even if the building is "half full". Having a packed building is something the fans want for the fun of it. The owners simply want to sell enough tickets to stay profitable...sellouts are great, but only on the owner's terms. If the Rock sold out every night but the team wasn't turning a profit, there would be a problem. Just my two cents!

Cmon...you can't tell me that Gospel Fest wouldn't be a pretty awesome experience. If not, you need to get some of the SPRIRT in you! Halleluia!!

All kidding aside, I'll make you a deal. If you renew your tickets during this time period, just give me all the free swag so you can renounce the team's paltry marketing attempts. If shipping costs are a concern, I'll come out to Jersey and you can simply hand it to me. Naturally, I wont be paying anything for this stuff, as you didn't pay for it, but I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands for you!

As for ticket prices, like 731 alluded to, the Devils must be just fine with the season ticket sales. If they weren't, they would lower them, but they must be turning a good enough profit to leave them as is, even if the building is "half full". Having a packed building is something the fans want for the fun of it. The owners simply want to sell enough tickets to stay profitable...sellouts are great, but only on the owner's terms. If the Rock sold out every night but the team wasn't turning a profit, there would be a problem. Just my two cents!

I will counter with a different deal. You can have all of the dumb swag. Also, next time the Devils play to a half-full arena, please do not bitch, cry or moan about it ever again about being the laughingstocks of the NHL when it comes to attendence. Whenever a fan from either Philly or the Rangers or any other NHL team makes fun of the devils for this fact, you must reply with "yes, that is correct we play to small crowds." For too long I have seen this bashing of the devils concerning this area and many times I see a Devils fan counter with just denying it. Face it, before Kovy came to the Devils, we were only selling out games when we played either Pittsburgh, the Flyers or the Rags.

They had 18 sell outs last year. Something right must be going on.

According to an earlier thread on here at the end of the season, weren't 14 or 15 of those 18 sellouts AFTER Kovie was traded to the Devils? And weren't the rest games we either played the Rags, Flyers or Pens? When Kovy signs in Russia, the marketing department will have to start working again (like they ever worked that hard).

Jesus F****** Christ. People bitch up and down about the Devils doing nothing for the fans. Then they finally come along with a pretty cool offer and people bitch its not good enough.

Well this was about the limit of what the Devils could do right now anyway, if they gave away too much that'd really tick off the sth's who reupped early considering we're still three and a half months away from preseason games.

As for ticket prices, like 731 alluded to, the Devils must be just fine with the season ticket sales. If they weren't, they would lower them, but they must be turning a good enough profit to leave them as is, even if the building is "half full".

Well the prices this year are based on last year's sales which went well. If they had a sudden downturn in sth renewals between last season and now they can't just go and drop the price for this year (at least not for season tickets), again it would do too much damage to the sth base.

Edited by NJDevs26

I'm a bit confused.

What is with the whining about the sub-par freebies?

Did the Devils not offer the Frozen Over package in April? Sure you had to pay early and in full, but the rewards were far from cheap.

I think the marketing team is doing a great job and steadily improving year after year. This is a business and is operating just as one should. Long term, not short term goals.

I'm a bit confused.

What is with the whining about the sub-par freebies?

Did the Devils not offer the Frozen Over package in April? Sure you had to pay early and in full, but the rewards were far from cheap.

I think the marketing team is doing a great job and steadily improving year after year. This is a business and is operating just as one should. Long term, not short term goals.

Depends on what you win in that. You are not guaranteed a good prize. Some people today on here were informed they won the double your ticket prize. That is a good prize and cannot complain at all about that. However, if you won some of the lesser prizes, well then you are SOL. I hope some of you have fun with your $1000+ zamboni ride!

Depends on what you win in that. You are not guaranteed a good prize. Some people today on here were informed they won the double your ticket prize. That is a good prize and cannot complain at all about that. However, if you won some of the lesser prizes, well then you are SOL. I hope some of you have fun with your $1000+ zamboni ride!

You can put down the suite giveaway, radio spot, and whatnot, but don't diss the zamboni ride!

According to an earlier thread on here at the end of the season, weren't 14 or 15 of those 18 sellouts AFTER Kovie was traded to the Devils? And weren't the rest games we either played the Rags, Flyers or Pens? When Kovy signs in Russia, the marketing department will have to start working again (like they ever worked that hard).

So sellouts vs. division rivals don't count?

I'd say 5 or 6 of the sellouts were before Kovy. But football season was more or less over too when Kovy was traded so I'd put some of it on Kovy and some on NFL.

I will counter with a different deal. You can have all of the dumb swag. Also, next time the Devils play to a half-full arena, please do not bitch, cry or moan about it ever again about being the laughingstocks of the NHL when it comes to attendence. Whenever a fan from either Philly or the Rangers or any other NHL team makes fun of the devils for this fact, you must reply with "yes, that is correct we play to small crowds." For too long I have seen this bashing of the devils concerning this area and many times I see a Devils fan counter with just denying it. Face it, before Kovy came to the Devils, we were only selling out games when we played either Pittsburgh, the Flyers or the Rags.

Deal, as I don't complain about the attendance to Devils games...ever. Not to sound overly smug, but go ahead and try a single post from me complaining about attendance, and if you do, it was probably from 2008 and I had my cranky pants on. Personally, I don't mind a sparsely filled arena...consession lines are reasonable, I can get a seat on the train in and the place is filled with passionate fans who care more about the sport than who they are playing against. Personally, I'll take a half full arena consisting of die hards over a full arena filled with chatting businessmen and Philly fans any day so long as the team stays financially viable, which it looks like they are.

And as for the bolded part of your quote, that's not the answer I would give. My response would be, "Meh, we do alright especially considering we play within easy driving distance of 3 rival hockey teams and have an arena situated 20 miles from the largest media city in the world". I can't think of a single team in the NHL that has to contend with that kind of competition and despite it all, the Devs draw pretty decently. Besides, having large crowds, to quote Jack Nicholson in The Departed, "doesn't make your d**k bigger" and certainly does get you any extra wins. Just ask Toronto.

But the attendance conversation has been beaten to death and this is getting derailed, so I'll just end with that I think it's a nice little promotion that wouldn't entice me to get seasons, but it may appeal to somebody. At least the marketing team is giving it a go as oppposed to taking the summer off. Certainly not worth the ire that you had in the original post.

Edited by Bulletproof

At sporting events usually the upper levels are fuller then the lower level. However it is reverse for concerts.

I mean personally I'll trust a team of marketing professionals who are following a set business/marketing plan over the opinions of outside fans, especially ones who constantly whine about wanting cheaper ticket prices.. Give me a break! Who doesn't want cheaper ticket prices? That isn't the reality of the situation, not to mention they lowered sth prices for last season in almost every area of the arena (and I only pay $24 a seat for my green seats because I was a sth before they were raised to $29 last season, that's loyalty imo)..

Deal, as I don't complain about the attendance to Devils games...ever. Not to sound overly smug, but go ahead and try a single post from me complaining about attendance, and if you do, it was probably from 2008 and I had my cranky pants on. Personally, I don't mind a sparsely filled arena...consession lines are reasonable, I can get a seat on the train in and the place is filled with passionate fans who care more about the sport than who they are playing against. Personally, I'll take a half full arena consisting of die hards over a full arena filled with chatting businessmen and Philly fans any day so long as the team stays financially viable, which it looks like they are.

And as for the bolded part of your quote, that's not the answer I would give. My response would be, "Meh, we do alright especially considering we play within easy driving distance of 3 rival hockey teams and have an arena situated 20 miles from the largest media city in the world". I can't think of a single team in the NHL that has to contend with that kind of competition and despite it all, the Devs draw pretty decently. Besides, having large crowds, to quote Jack Nicholson in The Departed, "doesn't make your d**k bigger" and certainly does get you any extra wins. Just ask Toronto.

But the attendance conversation has been beaten to death and this is getting derailed, so I'll just end with that I think it's a nice little promotion that wouldn't entice me to get seasons, but it may appeal to somebody. At least the marketing team is giving it a go as oppposed to taking the summer off. Certainly not worth the ire that you had in the original post.

To me, the marketing team is not doing enough. They should really come up with promotions that would actually entice large groups of people who would otherwise not care too much about hockey. Those prizes for the sth who paid their invoices in full by the date in April are very inconsistent. You can get great prizes like doubling your season tickets, or you could get a really expensive zamboni ride. If I was a sth for years and a zamboni ride was my prize, that would no doubt upset me quite a bit.

The attendence conversation has been beaten to death, but it is a topic that is of noting. People whine on here about the Devils not getting the winter classic, but even TG from Fire and Ice even pointed out in a recent blog that the Devils are at or near the bottom of the list when it comes to drawing in a national audience. People just do not want to see the Devils play and in this era where we need revenues from television rights, this hurts us. I do not believe that this is a team that can survive with more than 1 losing season in a row, as I see a lot of younger fans at the game who could not or were not alive to remember the times when the Devils were a perennial loser. Not only that, but a lot of them have this sort of bandwagon stink among them. I know the hardcore fans like the people on here will still go to games, but the rock would be even less empty and eat into the profits. People on here mention that we drew many sellouts this year, but most of it has to do with the Kovalchuk effect as a clear majority of them were after the joined the team. There is a high chance that he will not be with us next year, so we are back to seeing maybe 5-10 sellouts at best for next year. Finally, while you say that you like an empty arena because the concession lines are smaller, well how do you think the Devils see it? If a person is not the arena, that is 1 less person buying a hot dog, a drink, and let's say a program. That is about a good $15 lost and that will effect the Devils as well.

To me, the marketing team is not doing enough. They should really come up with promotions that would actually entice large groups of people who would otherwise not care too much about hockey. Those prizes for the sth who paid their invoices in full by the date in April are very inconsistent. You can get great prizes like doubling your season tickets, or you could get a really expensive zamboni ride. If I was a sth for years and a zamboni ride was my prize, that would no doubt upset me quite a bit.

So play Devils marketer and give me your vision on how to increase attendance while not giving away so much that you decrease profits and increase future expectations for bigger and better prizes.. Keep in mind they also have the raffle prizes, some of which are worth well over a thousand dollars..

Keep in mind the quality of renewal prize is based on how quickly you paid your invoice.. I paid mine in 5 hours so why shouldn't I have a better prize than the guy who paid the last possible day you could.. I showed the team greater loyalty via my money, so now they're showing it back.. Seems fair to me

So play Devils marketer and give me your vision on how to increase attendance while not giving away so much that you decrease profits and increase future expectations for bigger and better prizes.. Keep in mind they also have the raffle prizes, some of which are worth well over a thousand dollars..

Keep in mind the quality of renewal prize is based on how quickly you paid your invoice.. I paid mine in 5 hours so why shouldn't I have a better prize than the guy who paid the last possible day you could.. I showed the team greater loyalty via my money, so now they're showing it back.. Seems fair to me

Is that a fact about the renewal prize that is corresponds with how quickly you paid your invoice? I did not see anyplace that stated that fact and I have not heard from people (though I will admit I have not heard much discussion about the renewal prize at all up until this point) saying that this is true in past years. Did you receive word of your prize yet? If you paid within 5 hours of getting your invoice, I agree you do deserve one of the better prizes. However, if you get a zamboni ride or one of the other lamer prizes, do not get upset at me or anyone else but the Devils.

Is that a fact about the renewal prize that is corresponds with how quickly you paid your invoice? I did not see anyplace that stated that fact and I have not heard from people (though I will admit I have not heard much discussion about the renewal prize at all up until this point) saying that this is true in past years. Did you receive word of your prize yet? If you paid within 5 hours of getting your invoice, I agree you do deserve one of the better prizes. However, if you get a zamboni ride or one of the other lamer prizes, do not get upset at me or anyone else but the Devils.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=61536

Everyone who pays in full by 4/17/10 is guaranteed to receive one of the following special gifts or exclusive experiences. Please select your top ten (10) choices, with number 1 being your top choice. The sooner you renew, the more likely one of your top choices will be available.

Haha, yes, if i get the zamboni ride given the speed of my full payment i will most certainly be speaking with my ticket agent about it.. But as the advertisement indicates, the faster you pay the more likely you are to get your top choice.. Last season we paid on the 2nd or 3rd day and got choice #2 (club seats with platinum lounge access) and even caught a deflected puck during the 1st period.. It was a priceless prize imo