Exposing Kids To Hockey

arnie25

I wish the Devils did something like this. I'm a teacher and I just found out that we will be attending an Islander scrimmage at that end of September. It's called the Cool School Trip or something like that. It's only open to schools and they teach the kids about hockey and how they can relate it to academics. Sucks that it has to be an Islander game, but hey I'm up for hockey anytime (and it's great to get the kids out of the classroom) It's a pretty good way to get the kids hooked on hockey. Maybe the Devils should try something like this. After going to a game I'm sure kids would bug their parents to take them to a game.

yeah i thought i remembered hearing something about it last year or the year before with the Devils. From what I hear this year though, the Islanders are just doing some scrimmages among their own team. They say it is an actual game though, not just a practice (we have to let all the parents know this in case they don't want their kids exposed to potential fighting, hits, etc)

yeah i thought i remembered hearing something about it last year or the year before with the Devils. From what I hear this year though, the Islanders are just doing some scrimmages among their own team. They say it is an actual game though, not just a practice (we have to let all the parents know this in case they don't want their kids exposed to potential fighting, hits, etc)

If they go to school; aren't they already exposed to potential fights and hits :)

Its a great community outreach; it would be great for the Devs to give back like that... hopefully they will sometime soon... its prolly invaluable to the kids that go...

I saw last years day on the news - it really looks like fun. I would have been DYING had they done that with the Isles when I was a kid -- just flipping out off my rocker insane! I was so nuts for them right before the dynasty years...

I think every team should do it - the players would get so much out of it too I should think. i mean no parents there to color the kids actions and stuff - kids are the purest fans. I love them!

We went on a school trip to a regular-season game in 2000 - and appropriately enough, it wound up being against the Stars B) I thought it was a really good experience. I mean, we were in middle school, but that was my first Devs game and I got hooked from there. It is a good idea.