Out-of-towners with DirecTV, HDTV and Center Ice

Risky

I generally like my Verizon FIOS, but I hate their Center Ice offering nearly as much as I hate the Dolans. There are maybe 2 games total on every night in HD. When I had DirecTV before the bullsh!t MSG HD lockout by said Dolans, I remember many more games getting broadcast in HD. As I'm considering a switch back to DirecTV, I wanted to know -- for non Tri-Staters only -- what % of Devils' games do you see in HD? This would obviously be the away feed.

Just curious if it's worth the hassle.

In Florida I have seen 100% of the games on Center Ice and like you said I think I have seen maybe 3 games all year in HD and from another feed not MSG, also thinking next year going to NHL Game Center, Comcast Sucks! I DVR a lot of games to catch later when I get home and so many times Comcast has changed the channel.

i use nhl game center. it is fantastic i have scene almost every game on it, except the ones on national broadcasts. the quality can be really good. it is often better than the versus feed or the Comcast sports net feed my roommate watches the sharks on. the quality all depends on the internet speed. if my roomate are streaming video while i watch the game the quality dips. on day i was whatching the game and a roomate came home and got excited for a couple seconds because he though we had gotten a hd package for the tv . if you have a fast internet connection nhl game center is the way to go, i have the cable to hook my laptop up to my tv so i can still watch hockey on the tv.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's time to return to DTV.

Can I get NHL Game Center to stream on my TV via some service? I have AppleTV, I have a Blu-Ray player connected to the internet...

Check your Blu Ray player also a PS3 a Roku box wich streams Netflix and NHL Game center and a lot more costs around 79.00, but check your blu ray players apps see if it is available.

In Dallas I have Time Warner. I get 100% of games and so far in the month I've been here I haven't had any in HD. Normally there are 2 HD games a night, and only once when we played on the Island I didn't get the Devils feed.

Thanks, Sammy. That's what I was asking. I was under the impression that the MSG lockdown was still on outside the NJ/NY area.

FIOS is awful. There's one HD game a night. I watch the Devils probably 3 out of every 4 games and I can't remember the last time I watched them in HD when they weren't on NHL Net or Versus. Standard def at 52" of LCD is beyond awful. Plus, I can still hear Chico.

DirecTV and Center Ice in Maryland - Unless it's a national game (or a Caps game), I always get the Devils feed. And if it's aired in HD (ie. not on MSG+2), I get it in HD.

The Versus and Dolan fiascos were a pain in the butt, but it's been perfect ever since.

In Arizona and have DirecTV. MSG-HD and MSG+ replay the games about and hour after is over. It's a bitch to keep from checking the score while the game is going. VS HD broadcast is pretty good IMO.