What has Hillary done.

Joe Mac

I'd rather have the job security and balanced budget of the clinton administration over no job security, no extended unemployment, high property taxes, and massive deficits.

Repeat after me. Clinton was not responsible for the economy. It's a natural economic cycle which is controled by Alan Greenspan, who Ronald Reagan put into power. No matter what the president says Greenspan is his own man. And since we had a tech bubble in the stock market and short term trading became a sport, there were a ton of capital gains that paid off the deficit.

President Pantsdown was a rubberstamp president who went with the flow.

Saying Clinton wasn't responsible for the economy is like saying the holocaust never happened. Just because both bushies didn't care and raygun was already in the grips of alzheimers doesn't mean the buck doesn't stop at the white house. Where was greenspan from 88-92, or 00-04? he's been involved in some astonishing collapses as well.

Clinton built a 400billion dollar surplus that was pissed away on tax cuts, unemployment was cut to around 3-4%, 20 million new jobs. The rich got richer, the poor got richer, everybody was lifted up.

Apparently you know nothing about economics since the economy runs in cycles and you have a recession around every 10 years. It's the way economics works. If you you are going to run blind and say Clinton was responsible you are not as astute as I thought.

If you you are going to run blind and say Clinton was responsible you are not as astute as I thought.

He's not.

He's a radical left-wing idealogue zealot.

As opposed to Leeds who is nowhere near a radical right-wing idealogue zealot. :rolleyes:

o.k., let's give clinton kudos on the economy running rampant for a couple of years, then he also should be credited with the reason for that economy running out of control, the tech stock market - anyone with a bone head idea about the internet created a company, talked up their IPO, cashed in millions, then, one day someone woke up in the banking community and said, hey, all this money being thrown around out there, and there's NOTHING to show for it? No buildings, no inventory, no physical assets of any sort? you mean, all the money that has been driving the stock market up, was just funneled into big parties, lavish houses, fancy cars, private jets and a rock star life style? we didn't really get anything of any value for all that money in stock and debt? Yeah, thanks alot clinton. you want credit for the economy,, then take credit for the fact that that huge economic upswing was basically a giant fraud perpetuated on the general public.

First of all, Bush pretty much bankrupted the states much like his failed oil businesses and the Texas surplus, so many people have had property taxes go up because of this. We're not passing the buck to state governments, it's Bush's fault and he needs to take responsibility for something. Also add tuition rates tripling and the rising cost of health care and prescription drugs, Bush will have our grandparents eating dog food in no time. And of course all the billions being pissed away in the 51st state of Iraq, that's just what we need right now...

I'd rather have the job security and balanced budget of the clinton administration over no job security, no extended unemployment, high property taxes, and massive deficits.

his $2,000 tax cut won't buy my vote. that's chicken feed compared to everything else that's gone up.

Bankrupted the states huh. I bet if you look at federal funding returning to the states over the last 50 years it has only increased annually, never decreased. The fact that each state either does or does not spend their money wisely is not the federal governments problem. And let's not forget that the president is not responsible for this issue - Congress is, and who controls congress, oh, that's right, the democrats hold the majority.

State government, especially here in nj, is so ripe with nepotism, double dipping, no-bid contracts going to campaign contributors etc. The way your money is wasted on the state level is amazing. Take a look at how many "official" cars are on the state's books - and who gets them. It's a joke. If you work for the state, in many cases, you get a free car and a free cell phone - for "official" business. Official business for many of them is just their daily commute from their home to their office. If you're on the parole board, you get a driver along with that car - yeah, I've got a driver too. I'm pretty sure the assembly gets drivers also. Then there's the pension abuses - holding down an extra "part-time" govt job - there's guys out there who get paid for upwards of 4 to 6 "part-time" positions. The merger of the parkway and turnpike authorities resulted in MORE upper level director positions, rather than slashing 1/2 the administration like a private business would do in a merger.

Until states and local governments realize that their citizens are not a bottomless pit of money for them to soak up for their own greedy desires, until they realize that they must be run like a business, that resources are limited and they must find the best prices for items, that there are decisions that need to be made as to whether or not certain programs are truely beneficial to the majority, and not just a small special interest group, and most of all, until they are taught that they will be punished with jail time and fines for stealing from us, for double billing their legal fees, for holding pre-meeting dinners at tax payer expense, for appointing friends to no show, newly created and unnecessary positions, we will be forced to fork over our hard earned money for them to waste.

You can't just raise taxes every year when you make the budget and it's not balanced. In every budget, regardless of whose it is, your's, mine, IBM's, New Jersey's, whoever, there is at least 10% waste that can be trimmed out without anyone ever feeling the slightest tinge of pain. Think about it. If you or I were to look at our checkbook and see a deficit coming, we cut back, don't go out to dinner this weekend, get another month out of that pair of sneakers, try and find something we need on sale, or get a coupon out of the paper. If the state or local government sees a deficit coming, they just tell us we owe them more so they can keep spending.

Let's get real here.

Shrillary is all about herself. If anyone thinks this woman gives a rats hoot about anyone but herself, you are fooling yourself.

Does anyone besides ^7^ (and he doesn't believe it either) actually believe this woman is out for the 'common' folk, like her Dumacratic Party purports itself?

I got a bridge for ya' if you believe that.

Whitewater resulted in 33 convictions, but Shrill and bill insulated themselves so much they escaped.

AP 6/28/99 Pete Yost "...Webster Hubbell plans to plead guilty Wednesday to a felony charge that he attempted to cover up his and Hillary Rodham Clinton's role in a fraudulent Arkansas land deal, legal sources said today

She let others take the fall.

Ever hear of the FBI Files she ordered up? She gets lacky Craig Livingstone, who's appointed head of the White House Security, even though he has no business in a government job, to illegaly get sensitive files on Republican politicians to use against them. No one knows how a guy with the imortant background of bar bouncer gets top security clearance. (Sounds like some of McGreevey's appointments)

How about a First Lady pretending to be a cabinet official and commandeer 1/7th of the economy to bring us socialized medicine?

I could go on and on.

God help us if she succeeds in her power grab.

Let's get real here.

Shrillary is all about herself. If anyone thinks this woman gives a rats hoot about anyone but herself, you are fooling yourself.

Does anyone besides ^7^ (and he doesn't believe it either) actually believe this woman is out for the 'common' folk, like her Dumacratic Party purports itself?

I got a bridge for ya' if you believe that.

Whitewater resulted in 33 convictions, but Shrill and bill insulated themselves so much they escaped.

AP 6/28/99 Pete Yost "...Webster Hubbell plans to plead guilty Wednesday to a felony charge that he attempted to cover up his and Hillary Rodham Clinton's role in a fraudulent Arkansas land deal, legal sources said today

She let others take the fall.

Ever hear of the FBI Files she ordered up? She gets lacky Craig Livingstone, who's appointed head of the White House Security, even though he has no business in a government job, to illegaly get sensitive files on Republican politicians to use against them. No one knows how a guy with the imortant background of bar bouncer gets top security clearance. (Sounds like some of McGreevey's appointments)

How about a First Lady pretending to be a cabinet official and commandeer 1/7th of the economy to bring us socialized medicine?

I could go on and on.

God help us if she succeeds in her power grab.

Finally some sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.