New York Mets Thread

Devils Pride 26

It all starts tonight with a big effort from Pelfrey...1-0! (I'm calling my shot)

Ignoring you isn't going to be a problem, but I'm just wondering if you're going to continue leaving clever comments like "ur a joke" in the comment section of my profile though?

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showuser=898

nmigliore

yes i called u a joke. its only the truth. dont cry ='( just ignore me if u want im still waiting u hypocrite fool

Today, 12:23 PM

Guess I can expect more of these then. :rolleyes:

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have you blocked from PM only...so far as I know there's no "ignore" function for thread posting.

There is...you have to go to the user's profile and when you're there under options (on the left-hand side) there's a 'Ignore User' tab. That blocks you from seeing their posts.

Edited by Hasan4978

There is...you have to go to the user's profile and when you're there under options (on the left-hand side) there's a 'Ignore User' tab. That blocks you from seeing their posts.

Thanks...never noticed it before...mostly because I never thought I'd need to use it here. That was easy enough.

It all starts tonight with a big effort from Pelfrey...1-0! (I'm calling my shot)

nmigliore

yes i called u a joke. its only the truth. dont cry ='( just ignore me if u want im still waiting u hypocrite fool

Today, 12:23 PM

Guess I can expect more of these then. :rolleyes:

man this guy doesn't quit.

hahahaha

TIME TO START THE 21-GAME COUNTER:

RECORD:0-0 GOAL:13-8

C'mon Mike...pitch into the 8th tonight so Jerry won't have to go to that beleaguered bullpen too early.

hmm i found this interesting article posted on MetsMinorLeagueBlog ..

http://www.metsminorleagueblog.com/2008/08...ello-hernandez/

The article is from Baseball Prospectus.. interesting. Think its true? I certainly believe its a big possibility with the rotation and its injuries etc.. I think I rather have him than Garcia too.. i dunno

Next 21 games: vs SD (3 games) -- 2/3

vs FLA (3 games) -- 2/3

vs PIT (1 game) -- 1/1

@ WSH (3 games) -- 2/3

@ PIT (4 games) -- 3/4

vs ATL (3 games) -- 2/3

vs HOU (4 games) -- 2/4

Thats what im expecting.. so that would mean.. 14-7 record.. its not lunacy. The most difficult of those series is gonna be FLA and HOU. ATL is horrible now, PIT doesn't have Nady or Bay.. SD has been awful all year.. WSH is just, yuck.. HOU is not that great either I still think 3/4 is possible but i expect a split.

Mets just need to play their opponents the right way.. they keep blowing off sub-par teams and its killing them.

You realize you have our Mets winning every series. That would be great but winning 6 series in a row is kind of rare.

Edited by JerseyRupp

You realize you have our Mets winning every series. That would be great but winning 6 series in a row is kind of rare.

all of those teams are pretty bad in all honesty.. besides maybe Florida, who i still think is just a big fluke team..

Tatis has 2 home runs, one being a 3-run blast to put the Mets up 4-2.. Pelfrey gets himself into a jam in the 7th but gets a big ground ball double play.. Hes leaving now, A-Reyes coming in for Easley and Feliciano coming in to get the final out of the 7th.. runner on 3rd with 2 out for the Padres..

Well, lets see if the Wagner-less bullpen can get 7 outs.

> Feliciano gets Giles to fly out to Beltran to end the inning.. good. Should be an interesting 8th/9th.. hopefully the Mets can get some run support.. you never know with this bullpen

>>Murphy drove home A-Reyes with an RBI double in the 7th, his first ML RBI, congrats! 5-2 Mets..

>>>Feliciano with an excellent outing out of the pen. He got Giles in the 7th and then set down the hitters in the 8th.. Mets will at least have a 5-2 lead heading into the 9th

>>>>Evans drives home Beltran on some crazy bounces and error(s) by the Padres.. Going to the 9th, Heilman will come in to close. Hes the one I wanted to close the game vs Philly that one game.. lets see how he does.. 4 run lead, so i dont think its technically a save situation

First 2 runners reach base.. 1 on a walk.. 1 on a horrible mis-communication between A-Reyes/Beltran.. great they can never make it easy.. now lets get the bases loaded and blow the lead :rolleyes:

Edited by nmigliore

Here we go.. 3-run homerun, 6-5..

Gotta love this bullpen man

And I actually thought aaron could get it done.. HA.. even if we luckily pull out of this with a W, what happens when the game is a 1-run lead heading to the 9th in another game? ughh never again with Heilman he gets pounded with the HR ball..

>Smith gets his out.. A-Reyes redeemed himself with a great catch in foul-ground..

Here comes "BLOW-enweis" to go after the lefty Gonzalez and try to earn the save.. oh boyyy

Edited by nmigliore

RECORD:1-0 GOAL:13-8

If there was ever a "glass half-full, half-empty" kind of win, this was it.

Pelfrey survived giving up a lot of hits (that happens with ground ball pitchers...some days they just find holes) but the fact that he doesn't walk anybody these days offsets the high hit count. He was probably spent when he went out there for the 7th, but at least he went out there and managed to get two outs on the DP.

Tatis...what else is there to say? If he keeps this up he has to be considered a candidate for the Comeback Player of the Year Award.

Heilman...what else is there to say? He's going to keep getting chances though, because the Mets just don't have many bodies to go to. He's pitching himself off the 2009 team though...he's going to have to have a ridiculous September to avoid that fate.

Beltran somehow managed to go 2-4 with 2 RS, but the numbers look a lot better in the box score than they did in real life. Struck out with two on in the first. He's looking more and more like the '05 Beltran every day.

With the baserunning and fielding gaffes, the Mets are looking much like Randolph's Mets. At least Jerry's smart enough to yank Heilman...Willie would have given him at least one more batter.

An ugly win in many ways, but a win all the same. That's all that matters. Two games out of first.

Holy sh!t! Guys relax here. We are all fans here (mostly Mets fans too) so there is no need to get personal with one another. Plus we are all Devils fans as well. Just trying to be the peace maker here. :)

Anyway, I happen to go to the Mets game last night as my work had some free tickets. I was sitting right to the left of the foul pole where Tatis hit that 3-run HR! :koolaid: At first I thought it was going to go foul with the wind blowing from RF to LF last night. Thank God it stayed fair. heilman is not good in the really late innings and he is becoming too predictible out there on the mound. I just had a feeling he was going to give up that 3-run HR in the 9th. he cannot be the closer right now with Wagner being on the 15-day DL. I would give it to Kunz right now as he is a save reliever and he has to be better than Heilman. :noclue: Good thing Smith and Schoenweis showed up in the 9th to bail out Heilman and the Mets.

Holy sh!t! Guys relax here. We are all fans here (mostly Mets fans too) so there is no need to get personal with one another. Plus we are all Devils fans as well. Just trying to be the peace maker here. :)

Anyway, I happen to go to the Mets game last night as my work had some free tickets. I was sitting right to the left of the foul pole where Tatis hit that 3-run HR! :koolaid: At first I thought it was going to go foul with the wind blowing from RF to LF last night. Thank God it stayed fair. heilman is not good in the really late innings and he is becoming too predictible out there on the mound. I just had a feeling he was going to give up that 3-run HR in the 9th. he cannot be the closer right now with Wagner being on the 15-day DL. I would give it to Kunz right now as he is a save reliever and he has to be better than Heilman. :noclue: Good thing Smith and Schoenweis showed up in the 9th to bail out Heilman and the Mets.

No more problems...that's why I'm using the ignore feature.

Darling made an interesting point during yesterday's broadcast...he noticed that Heilman's been throwing harder lately. He then went to say that harder, in Heilman's case, probably isn't a good thing, that he's much more effective hitting corners at 92-93 mph than trying to blow people away with 96 mph heat down the middle. I don't know if Heilman is purposely trying to do that, and it's not like he's never been prone to giving up the longball. I think Heliman might get one more chance to get a save (although yesterday wasn't a save opportunity), and if he's shaky again Jerry will explore other options...I have a feeling Kunz will get a chance simply because no one else is reliable enough.

The problem with Heilman's fastball is its too flat. Doesn't have any movement.. If he threw below 90 mph with that flat fastball than he probably wouldn't even be in the Majors right now..

But hopefully he does drop the speed a tad so that he can hit his corners like Darling said. Control > Velocity

Edited by nmigliore

Darling is right on what he said about Heilman. he has good pitches, but he does not need to throw it all that hard to be effective. Darling of course knows what he is talking about and he should give that advice to Heilman.

Heilman's always at his best when he's using his fastball to set up his best pitch: his changeup. I don't know if he's just feeling unusually strong at this point or what, but he seems to have lost movement on both pitches right now (when he's throwing strikes), and as a result it seems like both pitches are getting creamed. It's not always fair to analyze a player's demeanor and body language on the field (it's easy to read too much into it), but Heilman looks flat-out nervous and terrified right now when he's on the mound. It doesn't take long for the crowd to jump on him either...as soon as he allows the first guy he faces to reach base the boos start raining down. He hasn't done much this year to stifle that reaction, but that can't be helping him.

Perfect way to start Pedro! 84 mph fastball ripped for a HR.

paging Jon Niese

Again. Should i turn it off now? I think I rather have the inexperienced Pelfrey on the mound come October than this guy..

Edited by nmigliore

I've heard stories about Willie Mays falling down in CF in his last days as a Met, I wasn't around for that but watching Pedro now has to be a similar feeling. The will's there but my god it's just getting scarier and scarier with each outing his ERA is 6+ and climbing. At this rate he won't even be IN the postseason rotation, assuming he's still upright by October anyway.

I have to hand it to him, he's got the heart of a lion and rebounded somehow. But this is San Diego too.

Nuts, huh? 2 hits both HRs in that 1st inning.. im sure both me and you, and many others figured this was gonna be an ugly outing.. yet he tosses up a bunch hitless innings until now in the 7th.. Feliciano coming in to get a big out

Lets see how the 'pen goes now.. Gerut vs Feliciano

Well if it isn't the bullpen its someone else.. Wright cant handle the hop and its 3-2 SD..

Beltran coming up , 2 outs.. tieing run at 2nd (runner also on 1st).. lets see how he does in the clutch

>Beltran grounds out to first base.. inning over. Good job Beltran, the usual from you.

Well looking ahead I know we are getting nothing against Heath Bell in the 8th.. Hopefully we can get something off of the guy with the most saves in ML history

HR on Kunz.. 4-2.. doesnt look like hes any good at all vs LH batters.. i dont understand how the Padres are hitting so many HRs in this pitcher's park =/

Edited by nmigliore

Well another loss for the Mets vs. a team they should just sweep in a series! This game slips away right through David Wright's glove as the un- ER is scored and then an insurance run for SD to beat the Mets 4-2. Pedro was just fine after those two bad pitches for the HR in the 1st inning as he did not deserve to lose that game. This Mets team is just not hitting and bring the runs up with RISP! Tonight was another one of those games.

Gary needs to shut up about these great stats! He said, "Kunz gave up only 1 HR when he was a freshman in Oregon St. and has not given one up since." Three of four pitches later Kunz gives up his 1st ML HR! :doh1:

Mets need to win this rubber game now tomorrow @ 12:10 p.m. Santana is on the mound and he needs to pitch a CG as the BP just sucks right now. I think Santana can win tomorrow and pitch the CG.

Phillies beat the Marlins 5-0 tonight, so the Phillies get that game right back in the standings for now.

Phillies ---

Marlins 2.5 GB

Mets 3 GB

Edited by SatansDevils

RECORD:1-1 GOAL:13-8

Not a great start to this 21-game stretch...an ugly win and an ugly loss. That 10-game winning streak is looking more and more like an oasis in this lost desert of a season.

Yesterday's loss was a page out of the June 2008 Mets' book: nothing from the Carloses, confounding mental blunders by key players at key times, and a good perfomance by their starting pitcher wasted. The Mets have now managed to lose 5 out of 6 games against a team that's 39-69 against everyone else. Brilliant.

Beltran doesn't deserve to hit in the middle of the order anymore. He should be batting second or sixth. Tatis will probably cool off at some point, but he's earned the chance to hit fifth...especially since Beltran continues to do nothing time and time again.

2-for-5, 1 RBI performance aside, David Wright deserves to be benched today for what amounts to flat-out stupid, boneheaded play. At some point there needs to be accountability.

Although Kunz's HR allowed was costly, I don't have a problem with it. The guy's been thrown into a tough situation and is trying to adjust to major-league hitting on the fly...hopefully he's learning something with each appearance.