Amazing Meet & Greet/Autographs? Event in Fords, NJ

xrafalskix

I just saw this in my local paper

NEW JERSEY DEVILS DAY AT FORD JEWLERS (40TH ANNIVERSARY)

MARCH 3RD 4PM-6PM

FORD JEWELERS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE YOUR CHANCE TO MEET AND GREET YOUR FAVORITE NEW JERSEY DEVILS PLAYERS

LIMITED TO THE FIRST 250 PEOPLE

PLAYERS AT THE EVENT - PATRIK ELIAS, MARTIN BRODEUR, SCOTT STEVENS, DAVID CLARKSON, GRANT MARSHALL

I am not sure if this is a signing but sounds like a pretty cool event. The contact information is below:

449 NEW BRUNSWICK AVENUE FORDS NJ

732-738-7322

www.fordsjewelers.com

I just called. Somehow the bonehead that answered the phone had this to say "I was told it was a meet and greet. I am not sure if there will be signings or not. I can't say". Seems to me that they won't be signing. I bet Marshall abd probably Clarkie would sign. I would say 50/50 on Elias and DEFINITE NO CHANCE on Marty and Stevens, just my opinion

i called them twice they told me if i where you id bring your jersey???? i doubt its just a shake your hand kind of thing i think its either a autograph or a photo with the player and if your lucky you might get both

Just got home from this. It ended up being Stevens, Brodeur, Kovy, Moose, White, and Zharkov. So glad I wore my Kovy jersey to this on a whim because it paid off. I also got a 1995 Cup Champions puck signed by Marty and Stevens. Definitely worth the wait outside.

No idea why no Elias...rumor was Clarkson's wife went into labor, and that's why he wasn't there.

But hey, Elias/Clarkson for Kovy/Zharkov/Hedberg/White? That's a trade I'll make. Got a hat signed by Moose for my mother, and got my jersey signed by all in attendance.

Myself and Amanda were 21st and 22nd on line at 12:45ish. It was kind of fun, though too cold for Amanda at points. Absolutely worth the time though, as a few others said...you'll never get Marty/Kovy/Stevens together for a free signing again. That was pretty awesome.

Also awesome? Knowing the cops in the area and getting in from the cold early (we waited for the first bunch to get in and get their autographs before hopping in line inside, but getting out of the cold a half hour early was great, not so much for me but for Amanda and the kid.)

One of these days I have to go back there and buy one of those Stanley Cup Waterford crystal pucks they had on display. Never knew they made such a thing.

Edited by thelastonealive

really cool event got everyone to sign a ton of stuff got to stay after and talk to the players when everyone cleared out def worth it and the best part was not waiting in the line

and they were all very nice

is it me or did kovy seem like he didnt wanna be there

and yes clarksons wife was in labor but elias hmmm?

As far as I know, Elias and Clarkson both live in the same housing complex so its possible that not only are they close friends but he decided to help the Clarksons which involved him in being present at the hospital.

yeah he is now one of the few i dont have (elias) and clarkson im happy for him and im sure we the fans will get another chance with him i saw something for the 19th for marty stevens and clarkson is that an old sigining???? also something for harry carson of the giants there as well

yeah he is now one of the few i dont have (elias) and clarkson im happy for him and im sure we the fans will get another chance with him i saw something for the 19th for marty stevens and clarkson is that an old sigining???? also something for harry carson of the giants there as well

Thatd be cool. I sure hope so.

is it me or did kovy seem like he didnt wanna be there

and yes clarksons wife was in labor but elias hmmm?

Don't know how late you got in, but he seemed to be enjoying himself early on at least. Everyone seemed to be having a good deal of fun with it.

I don't imagine Kovalchuk was like, forced against his will to participate, considering he wasn't on the initial list of Devils who were going to be there.

i was very happy to get his autograph being that i didnt have his untill today...i was very thankfull he came out as well as the other devils who werent suppose to be there marty/colin where the two i got a chance to talk to most and where very very cool

Edited by mfb42183

Kovy has that whole Russian thing going on, lol. It seems like he never is as happy to see people as some of the other players, but maybe that's just my perception. Stevens looked like he wanted to kill me when I asked for an inscription, and he sternly replied "This is all I do." and gave me the Ciccarelli "You're next!" death glare. Needless to say I didn't bother asking to get another of the items I had in my bag signed...lol

Threecups what was the inscription? If it was the HOF he should be proud and happy to sign that....

Stevens is a STRICT NO INSCRIPTIONS guy and I knew it, but I figured I'd take a shot anyone. I asked for "95, 00, 03 Cup Champs"

He looked like he wanted to pummel me, hahaha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.