PUMPED for the River Rats!

sheeps

Was down at the Pepsi Arena to see Bob Weir and Ratdog and have to say just being in the Pepsi Arena, with the boards and the River Rats banners and all, made me very pumped hockey season is coming up. Of course the audience was quite different; the entire arena had a thick cloud of smoke. Don't see that at River Rats games, that's for sure :P

I think I'm going to get the ten-pack of flex tickets. I would go for more, but I work a lot of nights so I can't spend all the money and use 'em a quarter of the time. If I can go to more, I'll pay regular price (a.k.a. still a nice price).

If there's an NJDevs Night at the Rats this year, I'll be sure to get off of work and go. If it's mostly people I know already, I can even have a post-game shindig at my place - I'm a twenty-minute walk or three-minute drive from the arena.

How about you guys, Rowdy and Fidgetess? WE MUST GET PUMPED

I'm quite excited. I attended roughly 25 games last year and had a good time, despite the painful play of our team on many nights. My dad and I are probably going to get a 20 ticket flex package this year, which is good for about 10 games. Gotta think I'll be home watching the Devils a few more times this season.

Anyone else sort of dissapointed that guys like Parise and Suglobov are going to move up? It was a definite joy watching those two last season.

EDIT: Ratdog?

Edited by Voros19

How about you guys, Rowdy and Fidgetess?  WE MUST GET PUMPED

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

29 days, 23 hours and 8 minutes until the season opener in Syracuse!

36 days, 16 hours and 38 minutes until the home opener!!!!!!

I went to the season ticket holder's "BBQ" in August, and the boards were already up! There was no ice, but a little imagination took care of that!! The biggest thrill I got was looking up into the arena and seeing my seats, knowing I'd be sitting there in less than 2 months!

Can't wait!!!!!

Of course the audience was quite different; the entire arena had a thick cloud of smoke. Don't see that at River Rats games, that's for sure tongue.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even been there when they burn the oil for the fried dough? :doh1:

Edited by Fidgetess

As far as Parise and Suglobov are concerned, yes it's disappointing that they'll most likely be gone, but at the same time, not unexpected. Parise had an incredible year despite how the Rats played as a whole. I think we'll see Suglobov back, at least for part of the year. He still has some shortcomings (such as a tendency to do everything himself and not using his linemates), and some more time in Albany may help fix that. Probably depends on how desperate the Devils are for offense this year.

I think we'll see Suglobov back, at least for part of the year.  He still has some shortcomings (such as a tendency to do everything himself and not using his linemates), and some more time in Albany may help fix that.  Probably depends on how desperate the Devils are for offense this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But do you really think that's part of his game, or more a result of playing on the Rats? I mean, Dean McAmmond isn't really known to be that type of player, but he definitely did that on the Rats last year. I think his game might change once on the Devils.

I think we'll see Suglobov back, at least for part of the year.  He still has some shortcomings (such as a tendency to do everything himself and not using his linemates), and some more time in Albany may help fix that.  Probably depends on how desperate the Devils are for offense this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But do you really think that's part of his game, or more a result of playing on the Rats? I mean, Dean McAmmond isn't really known to be that type of player, but he definitely did that on the Rats last year. I think his game might change once on the Devils.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really think it's part of his game. He is an incredibly talented player, which may be part of the problem. I never saw him play in Russia, but it could be that he's had to depend on himself to score the goal his whole life. Could that change if he goes to the Devils? Sure! If him and a healthy Elias go on the same line, that could be something to see!

(That's not his only shortcoming though, he still has some pretty big gaps in his defensive play too.)

I feel obligated to mention this seeing the name bob weir mentioned.

all hail dark star

on a note for AHL hockey, i doubt i'll be following it as much as i did last year, mostly cause the NHL is back, but if the rats come to town, i'll try to catch them and tell you how they're doing or such forth. My friend is finally getting his freaking liscence so that makes the possibility of going to games sooooo much higher