Parise camp still waiting to hear from Devils

Maddog

To whomever wanted a source, thefourthperiod.com. And I do realize I may have neglected to reiterate that it was a RUMOR. Not sure that website is credible or just rehashing what might've already been said.

I'm still upset with TFP when they announced Holik (my favorite player at the time) re-signed, only to see him go to the Rangers...

By the way... if the Devils draft an NHL-Ready player fourth overall what is their cap number? Isn't it somewhere in the 2-3 million range? Rolston/White/Salvador must go!

Not sure if that is accurate, and also "NHL ready" is a subjective phrase. Being drafted by Florida and being drafted by the Red Wings will have two different definitions of "NHL Ready" based on talent on the current roster. The Devils will not rush anyone they draft and it may mean a two-way contract.

I think Lou is waiting to see if Sal retires and if he can deal Rolston BEFORE the draft.

Not sure if that is accurate, and also "NHL ready" is a subjective phrase. Being drafted by Florida and being drafted by the Red Wings will have two different definitions of "NHL Ready" based on talent on the current roster. The Devils will not rush anyone they draft and it may mean a two-way contract.

I think Lou is waiting to see if Sal retires and if he can deal Rolston BEFORE the draft.

Well my question is really just about the numbers. The Avs brought Duchene into the lineup as soon as they drafted him and his cap hit was over 3 million. That's what I'm wondering.

i would think the only draftee that could possibly make the devils next year is larsson. maybe landeskog too, but as was said, the devils would have to move some players to make it happen.

2 of rolston, clarkson, zubrus would have to go (and of course, this assumes salvador is in albany or on LTIR).