Interview With Dougie Hamilton

Chimaira_Devil_#9

I have actually given up trying to work out who we are going to take. This years draft is rediculous. Any of these guys could be excellent pick ups or fall apart and end up being busts!

As for Dougie, I like him, the more that i have read and the more that i have seen, he seems very solid in both ends and has the capabillity to throw his weight around. The article has people comparing hime to Brent Burns, and Rob Blake, but i have seen comparisons to Shea Webber being thrown around. Given out Crappy power play he could be one for the future if selected.

Link

DOUGIE HAMILTON

Team: Niagara (OHL)

Position: D

2010-11 statistics: 12G-46A-58 pts, 77 PIM.

Height: 6-4½. Weight: 193. Shoots: Right.

Birthday: June 17, 1993.

Rankings: No. 4 North American Skater by NHL’s Central Scouting Bureau, No. 6 by International Scouting Services. No. 10 by The Hockey News, No. 7 by TSN.

A year ago, Dougie Hamilton saw his brother Freddie be drafted in the fifth round by the San Jose Sharks, so he has an up-close perspective of the experience. When his name is called on June 24 at St. Paul’s Xcel Energy Center, however, it will still be special.

“It’s something you dream of as a kid and you watch on TV and I think it’s just a really cool experience,” the talented Niagara Ice Dogs defenseman said. “Whatever team picks me it will be good.”

At this point, Hamilton is not sure what team it will be. He interviewed with 18 teams at the NHL Scouting Combine earlier this month in Toronto. The Devils, who own the No. 4 pick, had him come back for another meeting and more testing after the completion of the combine and he was scheduled to be on Long Island today to visit with the Islanders, who pick fifth.

A solid-top 10 pick who could jump into the top five, Hamilton believes he can be ready to play in the NHL next season, but said, “It depends on the team and they want to do.”

Also:

By the way, I talked to Jamie Langenbrunner today for a story Andrew Gross and I are working on about the CBA expiring after next season. (Jamie was on the commitee that hired the Fehr to be the NHLPA director)

He confirmed what his agent told me at the combine that he will probably see what’s out there on July 1. He’s definitely open to going back to Dallas.

He admitted the Stars’ ownership situation is a complicating things there.

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 06/14 at 09:58 PM

Looks like we won't be getting one of the better outcomes from the Langenbrunner trade.

THANKS JAMIE FOR SCREWING US ONCE AGAIN!!

(That should annoy a few people round here)