Devils-Flyers Game Thread

NJDevs4978

Guest Devsrule
As for what Roenick said, he was JOKING! Can't anyone still laugh at humor and not think your team is always being disrespected? If you ask me, some fans here are OBSESSED with pointing out ABC/ESPN's hatred of the Devils rather than looking at things objectively

I agree.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[Whatever the Rag$ fan said]

I think my take on ABC can be summed up with Gary Thorne's comments about the last few goal-happy games: "Not typical for this Devils team."

The Devils are 18th in the league in scoring, and are less than 10 goals away from being 11th. They have a player who could lead the league in goals. Thorne's comment is about as factual as those idiots who think all we do is clutch and grab.

It's a measurable bias against a three-time Cup winner. It's really embarrassing.

<JESTER>

See on that coversation I agree with JD with what he said, but Melrose is an idiot. Making comparisons to other sports is nonsense, unless there are comparible situations. Show me when a baseball player intentionally put someone out for a while by throwing at them? If that was the case there would be simular penalities.

Show me when there was a spearing that broke someones neck in football?

I know Melrose is trying to defend his sports, but he is coming across wrong.

I can't believe all the complaining. You'd think some fans here would be used to it by now. But I guess not. The Devils didn't even give ABC a pregame interview. So what do you expect? They're not going to kiss their asses.

And even with that hatred between the station and the team, they praised Brodeur and Niedermayer to no end. Niedermayer is GOD according to them. Even Roenick said it. How come that didn't get mentioned?

And Brashear's hit wasn't as bad as it looked. He was trying to stop. Unfortunately, Brylin was in a bad position there. How many times have you seen that? Plus Brash is a big guy. It doesn't take much. I thought they got the call right. Two for boarding and Brown instigated. You want to blame someone for not getting a PP? Blame Brown.

As for what Roenick said, he was JOKING! Can't anyone still laugh at humor and not think your team is always being disrespected? If you ask me, some fans here are OBSESSED with pointing out ABC/ESPN's hatred of the Devils rather than looking at things objectively.

When your team wins this game, a few of you will celebrate like you won the Stanley Cup and take cheapshots at ABC. No wonder they don't show many of your games.

I need a break.

Posted: Mar 13 2004, 05:32 PM

At least JR is dishing out some much deserved credit to Nieds.

Not everything was negative that we posted, but just cause it's expected that the Devils will be attacked all game doesn't make it right.

I think there is a Devila bias, but the reason why I think that tehre is one is the way the organizaion treats the media. Lou treats the media as the enemy or a necessary evil, which creates a bias amung reporters. After all they are only human.

And when all is said and done the Rangers Suck! :evil:

If the league really wanted to sell the game they would forbid games of non-playoff teams being aired on national tv. Especially the embarrassing Rags. Talk about getting by on name recognition, it's a joke. :P

Come on Devils! Pull out a win! :pray:

LETS GO DEVILS! :clap::clap:

And when all is said and done the Rangers Suck! :evil:

If the league really wanted to sell the game they would forbid games of non-playoff teams being aired on national tv. Especially the embarrassing Rags. Talk about getting by on name recognition, it's a joke. :P

Come on Devils! Pull out a win! :pray:

LETS GO DEVILS! :clap::clap:

As I said before these schedules are made before the season. And why should the league punish the fans in Philly because the Rangers are terrible?

2-1 Philly now.