First round loss

Guest Devsrule

Guest Devsrule

THATS IT!!!

THEY HAVE NOT BEATEN A PLAYOFF TEAM SINCE JANUARY!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO WIN A SINGLE PS GAME!!!!!!!!!

THEY CANT SCORE, AND BURNS IS AN IDIOT!!!!

First round loss, guarenteed

The only thing guaranteed is you need a spell check :P

Nothing is guaranteed, but obviously the team needs to play better. Can they? Sure. Will they? I'm willing tio wait and see... Burns can't be too big an idiot if he won the Cip last year.... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by SC Devs Fan

Guest Devsrule

Guys dont get me wrong. I WANT to see them win just as much as anyone. But this year is different. No Stevens or Rafalski is a killer. This has never happened to the devils before and I just dont see it happening for them this year. They have not proven that they can compete with top 8 teams.

I dunno about a 1st round loss, but if, IF, a couple of those post shots go in the net, the fair weather fans are NOT speaking up. :angry:

Guys dont get me wrong. I WANT to see them win just as much as anyone. But this year is different. No Stevens or Rafalski is a killer. This has never happened to the devils before and I just dont see it happening for them this year. They have not proven that they can compete with top 8 teams.

Okay, then shut up and stop whining.

It doesn't mean jack in the regular season. Playoff team or non-playoff team, in a regular season a win is a win and a loss is a loss. We all know this is a different team when the playoffs come. For any team to beat the Devils 4 out of 7 games is going to be an extremely difficult task.

Sigh! Here we go again! In '95 they were a so-so team going up against a good Boston team on the road. Two days before the playoffs, Richer shoots his mouth off to the press he doesn't feel into it or some such nonsense. Things looked pretty bleak then. We all know how that worked out.

2000 Coming off two consecutive 1st round losses the previous years. Neidermayer suspended for clubbing Worrell at the end of the year. Things looked pretty bleak then. Things got even bleaker down 3-1 to the Flyers in the third round. Then a devastating OT loss in game 5 at home to Dallas in the finals. We all know how that worked out.

Last year, Lou doesn't get a sniper at the deadline, just some lesser players like Marshall and Rheaume. Pop gun offense. Things looked pretty bleak then. We all know how that worked out.

Now I'm not saying things are going to work out fine, I don't know. I do know I'm going to watch and go along for the ride. It may be short, it may be long, but I'm not jumping off the bandwagon.

All of those events we had Stevens...

In '97 had Stevens lost to the Rangers in 2nd round. In '98 get upset by a up and coming Ottawa team with Stevens. In '99 get upset by a Pittsburgh team with a one legged Jagr in a game 7 on home ice with Stevens. They win as team and they lose as a team.

you know what. this team has shown so much heart. they don't give up, ever. they are trying the best they can WITH TWO ALL STAR DEFENSEMAN OUT OF THE LINEUP. They have been hampered by injuries, they have played a lot of hockey, and they have managed to stay in it the best they can.