First round loss

Guest Devsrule

I agree that unreasonable overreaction is not warranted. However, this, like all Devs teams, is built on defense. And this is by far the worst D that NJ has entered a playoffs with since before Stevens arrived (and the worst PK for that matter, as well). That, my friends, is a recipe for disaster, because instead of winning games 2-1, we will be losing them 3-2.

Guest Devsrule

I have a right to be angry. What have they shown this past month?? Nothing but a preview of what might happen in April. Now if they have split with Philly and won last night in OT, well than thats different. But the fact is this is not even close to the team last year. The sparks just are not there. Maybe its Burns, maube its the players, but they need to get their act together fast.

By the way, they are now in seventh. I know that means nothing in terms of just making the playoffs but it proves that they are not the elite devils we are used to seeing.

And Njay you have always seemed to be a cool guy and a good poster so I am not going to start any shet with you. ;)

Edited by Devsrule

This gets so old. You have the right to be angry about nothing. I don't care what they have done the past few games, a real fan keeps their head high and looks to the future with hope. Please save the whining for when it really matters...even tho that will sicken me too.

And Njay you have always seemed to be a cool guy and a good poster so I am not going to start andyshet with you. ;)

Well thank you. I respect that. I like your posts too, you voice your opinion and don't care what people think about it, I definitely respect that. It's a trait of a great poster.

A real fan gets emotional after a loss.

Absolutely right.

I would be a pretty dull fan if I didn't show emotions after a loss. Hell, I wouldn't have co-won the Most Emotional Poster with sheeps if I weren't like that, obviously.

But I would never guarantee a first round loss. :P

Guest Devsrule

Ok I admit I went overrboard with this topic. I occasionally go a little :blink: after a tough loss like this. (just ask missionhockey). I went too far with this one and I apologize for the negativity.

But now that I have calmed down, I am still worried about this team. But oh well, the deadline has past so this is the team that will play in April, so I will support them the whole way, worried or not worried.

I will support them the whole way, worried or not worried.

Now your talking!! :clap:

Sometimes I need to cool off a lot after tough losses. Absolutely happens to the best of us. I've said some crazy things this year. Most noteably after that blown lead to Tampa on March 5th. :lol:

It doesn't mean jack in the regular season. Playoff team or non-playoff team, in a regular season a win is a win and a loss is a loss. We all know this is a different team when the playoffs come. For any team to beat the Devils 4 out of 7 games is going to be an extremely difficult task.

Well you also can't just flip a switch and find your game.

I will never EVER bet against the Devils doing it, because of the organization it is and how it's built.

But they just aren't inspiring confidence right now and I think we can all say that.

Predicting a first-round loss is the worst kind of shiite though as a fan. It's just not something you do.