No Pandolfo = Great Night For Madden

sundstrom

I'm not saying that Pandolf-0 is gonna be my new whipping boy. A 3rd/4th line winger doesn't make or break a team. But it's amazing to see how when he's not playing with madden, how much better johnny does. langenbrunner also had a great game. guolla was working super hard tonight. his goal was a tribute to just how you're supposed to battle in the zone with his entire line.

Drop Pando to the 4th line when he returns (sit jimbo every once in a while) or move him (w/zyuzin) and get something in return.

I'm not saying that Pandolf-0 is gonna be my new whipping boy. A 3rd/4th line winger doesn't make or break a team. But it's amazing to see how when he's not playing with madden, how much better johnny does. langenbrunner also had a great game. guolla was working super hard tonight. his goal was a tribute to just how you're supposed to battle in the zone with his entire line.

Drop Pando to the 4th line when he returns (sit jimbo every once in a while) or move him (w/zyuzin) and get something in return.

Couldn't agree with you more. Could you imagine if madden had a legit

"finisher' with him, we'd have a potent 3rd line. I'd rather see bergland than pando on his line. I hope burnsy recognizes this.

pando is an offensive joke. his defensive expertise takes away from madden potential to put a couple away. what we keep him cause they're partners on the pk?? than again, who is drooling to get him?? thought so!

vince

Which is where Stephane Richer would fit, if the Devils were to sign him..right alongside Madden, who seems to be capable of being a 3rd line center.

Pandolfo has no trade value, and I wouldn't want to deal him anyway, unless Guolla shows he is an effective penalty killer.

But I'm sure this thread will bring out all of the anti-Pandolfo people..

His presence is good on a 4th line. On a third line, he's useless.

Wrong.

See, what no one takes into account is that Pandolfo is an effective place-filler.

If he is an effective penalty killer, not only does he help the Devils, he helps the Devils get one of their top 2 lines out on the ice after the penalty kill.. he takes ice time away from better players whose offensive talents would be better served at even strength.

It's when players like Pandolfo and Valk are put on 3rd lines when their teams' fans begin to complain about them. There is no reason why Pandolfo should be out on the power play.