Teach me how to Kovy?

GoArmySports

I tried to do a kovy "one-timer on one knee" while wearing my shin guards outside my pants last week. when that plastic knee cap hit the ice, wow, it was zero friction, and I pulled a lundqvist rather than a kovy, and nearly stripped my gears!! beware, doing the kovy requires practice!

im not trying to tell you how to do it but, your blade is your only control at that point so you have to deep knee bend and ride the one blade, then you can drag your whatever after that, so the one blade on the ice has total control.

you can use it to reach out your stick too, drop/drag your back foot for balance but ride on the one blade always.

340x.jpg

According to that link, it's just a goal celebration contest, not a specific "kovying" thing.

Wonder if someone threatened to sue, or Lou wasn't happy with the individual attention for a specific player. :lol:

Now, that just sucks. I mean, I know it's all about the team and not individuals in this club, blah, blah, blah, but it's just a silly fan contest! If the Devils don't promote individual players in any way because they are THAT obssesed about the team spirit, then they are in the middle ages in terms of promoting themselves.

And I'm sure the three month-long contract drama including signing a 100 million deal and moving several players (total) to get one guy did less damage to the dressing room, players' sense of equality and team spirit than a contest for fans sending their pictures mimicking one of the players. :rolleyes:

im not trying to tell you how to do it but, your blade is your only control at that point so you have to deep knee bend and ride the one blade, then you can drag your whatever after that, so the one blade on the ice has total control.

you can use it to reach out your stick too, drop/drag your back foot for balance but ride on the one blade always.

340x.jpg

I can do a kovy with hockey socks or jeans, but wearing the shin pads on the outside is a completely different story because the hard plastic is rounded any slight weight is transfered lateraly and there is absolutely no friction