Who will score a goal first

roomtemp

Goal scorer  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Brunner or Janssen

• Brunner
    • Janssen

This isn't fair to Brunner: the real question is will he get a goal before Cam's next hat trick (Gordie Howe or otherwise).

This isn't fair to Brunner: the real question is will he get a goal before Cam's next hat trick (Gordie Howe or otherwise).

If Eric Boulton can score a hat trick then there is no reason why Cam Janssen can't get one.

Brunner IMO just doesn't fit here. We don't run the type of system that he's used to. He'd be fantastic in a run n gun type of system (IE Washington.)

Edited by TheMazz

• 2 weeks later...

We were warned by wings fans of brunners hot and cold tendencies. I would be surprised if he has another tough drought of 10 games or so in him.

But for a 3rd liner at his price you kind of have to accept that, so long as he keeps giving 100% compete level.

Brunner is also suddenly getting shots on goal:  13 of them in his last four games.  He had just seven the 8 games before that. 

It's a nice burst, but I don't see anything that makes me think it won't be short-lived.  Brunner doesn't seem like the kind of player who will be a force, re:  consistently getting shots on goal. 

Brunner is also suddenly getting shots on goal: 13 of them in his last four games. He had just seven the 8 games before that.

It's a nice burst, but I don't see anything that makes me think it won't be short-lived. Brunner doesn't seem like the kind of player who will be a force, re: consistently getting shots on goal.

right, probably so. But I'll live with the scoring inconsistency if he at least continues to play well in other areas, specifically along the boards/ forecheck (IMO he's been much stronger lately) and defensively. If he buys into the system in other areas then his goal scoring or lack thereof isn't as frustrating.