NJ Devs Fantasy Football Smack Talk 2014

RSC

I don't like having the pitch and catch duo for that reason, though conversely it also sucks when the other team has your QB's best receiver it siphons off production.

That said I would have probably traded Peyton instead of Rodgers since you could have kept Rodgers another year for a 2. I might wind up keeping Luck for a 4 with the QB insanity (and the difference between the top guys and the next tier).

thats 1 of the good things about having Wilson, he does not have a big WR...its also 1 of the bad things about having him...

Having the QB/RB can also be annoying though cause only one of them can score unless it's a dump off to the RB, although that worked out swimmingly for me here when Luck was flipping Bradshaw TD's every week.

I also had Peyton and CJ Anderson in one of my other playoffs so that was a mixed bag. But I got smoked by like 70 points there so it didn't matter much anyway.

The plus of having both the QB/RB is when they're an elite offense you're guaranteed a piece of at least 90% of the TD's on a high scoring team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't like having the pitch and catch duo for that reason, though conversely it also sucks when the other team has your QB's best receiver it siphons off production.

That said I would have probably traded Peyton instead of Rodgers since you could have kept Rodgers another year for a 2. I might wind up keeping Luck for a 4 with the QB insanity (and the difference between the top guys and the next tier).

I was open to trading Manning; but he wanted Rodgers and honestly I didn't see the value in keeping Rodgers as a 2nd rounder.  To make it work, I would need to pick upfront in round 1 to get the value of a late 2nd for Rodgers which I have limited control over...    doubling down on Manning/DThomas seemed like a good bet to me.      

Part of that trade also allowed me to rid myself of Ingram; RBBC scared me off... and there was a trade deadline which forced my hand a bit.  I did not want to give up Tate; but his value was going to drop a bit anyway with Megatron returning.     Andre Johnson was always meh this year.  He wound up benched for my playoff matchup.  Didn't help, didn't hurt.

Honestly, though, it was just bad luck to end the season...  I'd play it the same way if I had to go back (Even drafting the 3 QBs).   Like I said before, I liked Luck a lot this year; but was fine grabbing Stafford... who's been good, but I was hoping he'd be more Luck-like in his production.

I'm done with Manning though next year though.

Hush...you have A-Rod going against the Atlanta "defense"....at home.....you win :P

Yeah I think Rodger's will help me eek out a win, best thing I can hope for is no Green Bay field goals and keeping Julio in check

Well looks like you guys both suck at predictions :P

Amazing for all the parity here, me, red and Manta are in the semis for the second straight year. Actually I've been in the semis like 6-7 straight seasons...but with a Peytonesque playoff record. One win as a lower seed, a bunch of losses as a higher seed. Now would be a nice time to break the latter chain.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm just glad my sh!tty random Yahoo league  was only a ten-man; so last week wasn't the playoffs.

My other QB decision was Brees and Brady; and I went Brees.   I didn't draft two QBs; but when Brady was just awful someone dropped him.   I've been playing matchups since; favoring Brady since I had Gronk.

Revenge...IS...BEST...SERVED...COLD :P

And I'll take 13-1 just fine :)

After Jordy Nelson probably literally cost me a thousand bucks today, this became pretty irrelevant to me :P

Not exactly a very accomodating birthday weekend....well aside from me realizing I actually threw out a $150 b-day check on accident :doh1:

What do you know, ANOTHER Manta Monday Night troll job :lol:  I thought we were actually getting the glamour #1 vs. #2 final this year, at least red knows how I felt now when I was losing in the first round every time as a top seed (though I never had a blown lead quite like this) :P

At least Manta doesn't have any MNF games next week though on the other hand having Murray hurt now doesn't help.  But I've had pretty good injury luck to this point considering the fact having Murray, Foster and Maclin on my team should have combined for double digit games missed at least.  Oh well, I'll still take my chances with the roster I have and a repeat on the line next week.  I just hope Brees doesn't turn back the clock again against the Falcons.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So this was pretty much my night, peaked at the score with about 2 minutes left in the 1st half, I was up by 25, feeling pretty confident, at that point I did nto know the Saints had the ball, my sone comes down at half time at tells me its 14-0, and I'm a bit worried, look at the score freakin Brees HAD TO THROW a TD to Colston?? My nightmare scenario.. my lead plummets from 25 to 9 at half & I know my season is over...  2nd year in a row I go in as the favorite and choke in the semis!!

And the worst part.. Since my big Hockey trade my haockey team has sucked as well!!

That Bress/Colston connection won me at least $60 last night; in my cheapo Yahoo Pro20 league.   (10man, $20 entry....  $100/60/20 payouts).

On to the finals there.

Here, I'll take my fourth place medal and think about how my downfall this year was at QB...   new plan, draft 5 of them.

Of course Colston only picked it up after I dropped him (mainly cause Cooks got hurt), and it might come back to bite me now. I wanted to get him back after Cooks injury but there's only so much receiver hoarding you can do considering I had OBJ, Maclin - plus his de facto handcuff in Mathews, Roddy and Denard Robinson with his dual eligibility.

Not to mention needing two spots to handcuff stud RB's.

Edited by NJDevs4978