New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

NJDevs4978

10 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is why I can't stand overrated hotshot Robles. He's all hat no cattle. Wild, unreliable, unclutch. Guy is a total powder-keg. And when he does do something well he celebrates like a jackass. I think he definitely has a reputation around the NL and teams get e bit extra fired up to beat this guy.

He's a classic frontrunner.  I'll never be fooled by his good runs again.  Nor will I give him the benefit of the doubt.  

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I can't believe this game's still tied, thanks Jerry.  And thanks Sandy for actually bringing him back :P

Amazing someone else didn't pick him up.  

Can't believe that ball off Kemp's bat stayed in the park.  Thought for sure that was gone.  Nice job by Salas to get out of that.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Can't believe that ball off Kemp's bat stayed in the park.  Thought for sure that was gone.  Nice job by Salas to get out of that.

Oh definitely...same here. If this is a warm summer afternoon game that ball is long gone. 

fvcking Reyes.

Going to be a real bitch to hit one out tonight.  Even Bruce's shot just barely made it.

Same ol d'Arnaud.  Same ol sh!t Met hitting.

Offense is going to be a problem, but this is what happens when the same dipsh!ts are allowed to hang around forever

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same ol d'Arnaud.  

Offense is going to be a problem, but this is what happens when the same dipsh!ts are allowed to hang around forever

Including Ty Kelly who the only reason he's back on the roster is because he has IF and OF gloves :P

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Including Ty Kelly who the only reason he's back on the roster is because he has IF and OF gloves :P

Sandy seemed to think re-signing Cespedes was all that he had to do (I know he did more than that).  Is a game like this any real shock?  How many times have we seen this from the Mets, even though they're now relevant?  

It's incredibly early but I'm already sick of d'Arnaud. Just an accumulation of the sh!tty defensive play, injury prone, and horrific situational hitting and since he got here mixed in with the occasional good stretch. Guy is just a flat out bust. The bad far outnumber the good with this guy.

Just now, '7' said:

It's incredibly early but I'm already sick of d'Arnaud. Just an accumulation of the sh!tty defensive play, injury prone, and horrific situational hitting and since he got here mixed in with the occasional good stretch. Guy is just a flat out bust. The bad far outnumber the good with this guy.

Yeah, my patience for d'Arnaud is pretty much non-existent at this point.  And that goes for several of these bats.

Pretty nice inning from Montero...once I saw the leadoff walk I thought "Here we go again..."

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Can't believe he got the DP, especially after that bloop by Phillips where Granderson was basically standing at the apple.

:lol:

Also basically made Jim Johsnon look like Goose Gossage that inning.

Feels like the Braves should've won this game 3 times by now. Mets offense looks meek as hell and like we'll never score

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

:lol:

Also basically made Jim Johsnon look like Goose Gossage that inning.

Feels like the Braves should've won this game 3 times by now. Mets offense looks meek as hell and like we'll never score

We know what the definition of insanity is.  Going into battle with the same group of bats and thinking it would be any better pretty much sums it up.  

Lol at d'Arnaud.  EVERYONE should attempt to steal against him.  EVERYONE.

At least the Mets and their salami bats will be put out of their misery tonight before much longer.

Same ol Montero.

Sandy, it's nice that you inherited some good arms, and you made a hell of a deal to bring in Thor, but at some point you gotta build a decent offense.  This HR/low BA/constant K sh!t doesn't work.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

MLB's already prevented us from wasting time with intentional walks, maybe they can prevent us from wasting time watching the Met offense swing piano legs at the plate in the bottom of the 11th while they're at it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Montero, Robles and Travis...three guys whose good spring pretty much went out the window in the same stupid game.

Just like cream rises to the top, sh!t sinks to the bottom.