Lang Out, Sykora In

Derek21

That stinks. Now I have to try to plug Sykora into those lines. The problem is he plays right wing. Maybe they'll move Elias to center the top line?

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=93877

Czech C Lang pulls out of World Cup

Canadian Press

8/6/2004

PRAGUE (CP) - Robert Lang of the Detroit Red Wings has pulled out of the Czech team for the upcoming World Cup of Hockey and was replaced by Anaheim Mighty Ducks forward Petr Sykora on Friday.

Pavel Barta, spokesman for the Czech team, said no reason was given for the replacement.

The Czechs can still count on NHL stars such as Jaromir Jagr of the New York Rangers, Patrik Elias of the New Jersey Devils and Milan Hejduk of the Colorado Avalanche.

That stinks. Now I have to try to plug Sykora into those lines. The problem is he plays right wing. Maybe they'll move Elias to center the top line?

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=93877

Czech C Lang pulls out of World Cup

Canadian Press

8/6/2004

PRAGUE (CP) - Robert Lang of the Detroit Red Wings has pulled out of the Czech team for the upcoming World Cup of Hockey and was replaced by Anaheim Mighty Ducks forward Petr Sykora on Friday.

Pavel Barta, spokesman for the Czech team, said no reason was given for the replacement.

The Czechs can still count on NHL stars such as Jaromir Jagr of the New York Rangers, Patrik Elias of the New Jersey Devils and Milan Hejduk of the Colorado Avalanche.

The question is, was Lang ever "in" ?? ;)

It's kind of hard to envision who will center their top line now. Do they dare move Elias up to play with Straka and Jagr? Elias can take faceoffs. Straka has played some center throughout his career.

The biggest problem is that Sykora is a right wing. Jagr, Hejduk and Dvorak are all right wings. Sykora is not a third/fourth line player. He will have to move to left wing or even play center.

I'd keep Havlat with Reichel and Dvorak. That is a good fit. The fourth line of Rucinsky-Vasicek-Dopita stays intact.

It's just a question of what the top two lines look like:

Sykora-Straka-Jagr

Straka-Sykora-Jagr

Elias-Straka-Jagr

Straka-Elias-Jagr

Straka-Prospal-Jagr

Elias-Prospal-Hejduk

Sykora-Prospal-Hejduk

Elias-Sykora-Hejduk

Which combination do you want to see? I actually would love to see them bump Prospal up to the top line and play Sykora at center with Elias and Hejduk on it. He started his career at center and Elias can also play there. They would be reunited. It would be a fun line to watch. Sykora and Elias have instant chemistry and Hejduk is the pure sniper. That would be a line with a lot of creativity and skill.

Thoughts???

edit: I just decided on Sykora playing with Elias and Hejduk. They have to reunite them. That'd be perfect. Prospal can center the top line and Straka plays with Jagr. You have some instant chemistry on the top two lines if they do it that way. Two dynamic duos. That's how I reworked my preview. It's all ready to be resent.

Personally, I think an Elias-Sykora-Hejduk line would kick ass. I'd love to see that.

Edited by Derek21

Elias/Sykora/Hejduk seems to be the best combination IMO. Sykora came up as a center, so I think he'd handle a postition change like that with ease. You could also move Havlat to the top line and make a line of Havlat/Straka/Jagr, which would be pretty nice to watch.

that should be a high scoring line for sure

The Elias/Sykora/Hejduk one that is